Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: US National Box #1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

US National Box #1

I attended the US National show last weekend and bought a few boxes to take advantage of UD's redemption offers. I have posted the redemption cards I have for trade in the Trading forum https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...nal-convention

At conventions like this, I typically just break the packs for the redemptions. I dont open everything right there because I like to take them home and enjoy opening them in peace and use my convention time to look for other ways to waste my money. I also pace myself, instead of opening everything right away, so hopefully my few boxes can last me until hockey season starts again. So I will post my boxes as I open them, so everyone can enjoy (or rather, usually laugh at my bad luck).

So to start off, here is my first box of SPA:

Hertl Limited auto
    Galchenyuk SOTT auto
    Yakopov Chirography auto
    Goldobin FW auto
    Domingue FW

YG Updates: Carr, Weal
    Retro: Ovechkin, Tatar, Linberg (R), McCann (R)

Authentic Moments: Gretzky, Wings, Spezza, Jagr

Legends: Brodeur, Gilmour, Nystrom
    UD Update: Schenn, Ellis

Now this is clearly the most "Homer" box I have ever opened. I pulled the Hertl auto, Goldobin, auto, and Ovechkin insert in the FIRST THREE packs I opened! That is, by far, the most inserts of my favorite teams I ever got in one box, so that obviously got me excited. But it was all downhill from there. Now, if I had opened this a month ago, I would have been ecstatic. But I had already purchased the Hertl and Goldobin cards on EBay, so I guess that means everything but the Ovechkin card is for trade.

With four autos, I can't really complain. Well, I can, but I shouldn't. No SPs, no jersey, and of course, no McDavid. That makes me 0-9 for my last nine hobby boxes (SPA, two UD1, two UD2, and four OPC Platinum).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Nice Galchenyuk!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

A pretty decent box, from other breaks I've seen!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great break.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Break! Congrats.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks for sharing ! I like how you pulled a nice auto of your PC player. Not the greatest timing, but still cool nevertheless!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice to see you at the show. Nice break but as you said to bad you already had them already!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Interested in the Yakupov auto.
    PM me for a tradelist.