Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2016 Topps Tribute Baseball Hobby Box for review

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with a box of 2016 Topps Tribute baseball for review.

Product Configuration:
    3 cards per pack
    6 packs per box

Price per box $240 to $200 a box

Each pack of Topps Tribute contains a hit. With three being autographs (hard signed) and three being game used. Much like other Topps baseball products the set features retired stars, veterans, and rookies. Parallels average one per box.

Green (#'ed to 99)
    Purple (#'ed to 50)
    Red (#'ed to 5)
    Black (1/1)
    Tribute SuperFractor (1/1) using Chromax technology
    Printing Plates (1/1)

One can only dream of the crazy hits that could possibly pop out of each pack. The artwork and designs are stunning on a thick stock. So be prepared to be buying some thick sleeves and cardholders.

Collectors are looking at a high end product as the six hits will hav a average a price point of $35 to $40 per hit. This price will keep many collectors from breaking boxes. The beauty of these cards and insane hit one can yield will make them a great breaker paradise. In the end if your looking to just recoup value from a box most of these boxes will not give you your original return on your purchase price. The problem is there are some insane hits that you would not be able to afford unless you get lucky in a break or a box purchase.

What we pulled:

THOUGHTS

Base - 5/5
    Design - 4.5/5
    Fun - 4.5/5
    Value - 4/5
    Rebuy - 4/5
    Overall - 22/25 (88%)

A checklist can be found here:
    http://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/u...TributeCL-.pdf

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

WOW AWESOME BOX!!! Not sure if I like the cards or not, but a Ripken auto is always a winner. I believe you forgot the NPN stuff for those interested.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kershaw and Greinke in the same box would have made a Dodgers fan very happy. Thanks for the review.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is there any NPN information available for this product?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/GamerRoy

that ripken is sweet

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

Not sure if I like the design, but they look Ok. I'm not a high end box buyer due to too much of a hit or miss factor. I'm thinking tribute will be the same again. Guessing boxes are going for $200 or more. I'm not a risky buyer so I'll probably pass on these and will go after singles.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is there any NPN information available for this product?

Broke this at the National so did not keep a wrapper. sorry!

Don
    @sluyter