Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2016 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball Hobby Box for review

Allen & Ginter base set is comprised of 350 cards from the usual veterans, retired stars, rookies, and the oddities that A&G is so well known for. The last 50 cards of the base set are short prints that land one in every two packs.

Each box promises three hits per box which could include standard autographs, relic cards, book cards, cut signatures, rip cards! or last but not least ancient Roman coin cards.

I truly enjoyed opening this product as there are so many possible great hits to be had. With all the oddities it makes for a fun break if you take the time to read every card. The various designs keep it interesting as well as there's so much more than just the simple auto, game used, or insert hit but possiblly coins, rip cards, etc. A special key insert is the Kevin Coster autograph cards based on the movie Field of Dreams character Ray Kinsella. Nothing says The America Past Time than this movie so it's definitely a nice added bonus if you can hit one of the rare auto's.

Product Configuration:
    8 cards per pack
    24 packs per box

Current Retail Price (online) $75 to $85 a box

One can look at the checklist to see how true variety of autographs one might find from people of all walks of life.

Checklist can be found here:
    http://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/u...7/GinterCL.pdf

What we pulled:

Final Thoughts:

Base - 4/5
    Design - 5/5
    Fun - 5/5
    Value - 3.5/5
    Rebuy - 3.5 /5
    Overall 21/25 (84%)

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.

Stated odds and NPN:

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the design of the product, but the product does have a lot of what I call fluff (i.e. celebrities). If I buy a pack of Baseball cards I would like to think my hits are going to be baseball players, not a football coach, a train card or an Olympian.

Thanks again for all the breaks you do. I really appreciate the detail and the breakdown you do with the reviews.

G

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I like the design of the product, but the product does have a lot of what I call fluff (i.e. celebrities). If I buy a pack of Baseball cards I would like to think my hits are going to be baseball players, not a football coach, a train card or an Olympian.

Thanks again for all the breaks you do. I really appreciate the detail and the breakdown you do with the reviews.

G

No problem and thanks for the reply.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like a really good box break of Ginter getting a #D to 25 and good quality autograph out of it
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/