2 Hobby Boxes of 2016 Topps Archives - Hmmm...

I love me some Topps Archives and usually buy a few hobby boxes or a case every year. This year was no exception, but also somewhat disappointing for one reason: Each hobby box had a total of 9 packs with NO INSERTS whatsoever in them. For a master set collector such as myself, this is a major shortcoming. I had heard of this issue with 2016 Archives already, but I wasn't expecting it to be so dramatic. That's over a 1/3 of each box with no inserts! Lame.

I won't be buying anymore 2016 Archives and will wait to see if Topps recitifies this next year.

The distribution of the inserts was exactly the same in both boxes too. I don't know if that's a regular occurrence but I've never noticed it before.

Anyway, I haven't detailed one of my breaks in at least a couple of years, so here goes:

Autographs
    Darryl Strawberry
    Eduardo Perez
    Aaron Nola RC
    Jeff Nelson (blue border /199)

1969 Topps Super Inserts
    Aaron Nola
    Jake Arrieta
    Dee Gordon
    Luis Severino
    Josh Donaldson
    Kris Bryant
    Sonny Gray
    Bryce Harper

1985 #1 Draft Pick Inserts
    Josh Hamilton
    David Price
    Carlos Correa
    Harold Baines
    Jeff Burroughs
    Bryce Harper

Bull Durham Inserts
    Tony
    Jimmy
    Millie
    Ron Shelton

1985 Father/Son Inserts
    Ken Griffey Sr./Jr.
    Sandy Alomar Sr./Jr.
    Tito and Terry Francona
    Tony and Eduardo Perez

Blue Border Parallel Inserts /199
    Alex Rodriguez
    Brian McCann
    Jorge Soler

Red Border Parallel Inserts /50
    Phil Rizzuto
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deckard7; 09-01-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Ichiro - Nolan Ryan - Mike Trout - Kris Bryant

2. Kronozio
    Like the Nola's you got, and also my first little league coach Jeff Burroughs. I have seen his autos in the product and want a Burroughs auto, but alas it evades me lol.
    Collecting Brett Lawrie, Will Clark, Mike Trout, Royals, Kyle Schwarber
    Gerrit Cole, Jason Kipnis, Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Clint Frazier, Drew Brees,
    Michael Lorenzen, Fransisco Lindor, Von Miller, JJ Watt
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingRoyal View Post
    Like the Nola's you got, and also my first little league coach Jeff Burroughs. I have seen his autos in the product and want a Burroughs auto, but alas it evades me lol.
    Thanks for the reply! That's pretty cool that Jeff Burroughs was your little league coach.

Good luck in your hunt for an auto card of his!
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Ichiro - Nolan Ryan - Mike Trout - Kris Bryant

Nice hits - especially the Strawberry auto.
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos. Bucket - Hidden Content