Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay, wow, 1.2M, I have officially just under 300,000 cards in the system. Today I was doing some inventory building of boxes I have bought over the last couple of years. My version was also 2015, version 7.0 which tells you nothing because the moron that ran the Card Collector never changed the version number ONCE!!

I have been in the software business since 1993, I have been the product manager for Norton AntiVirus, Norton Utilitiies (anybody remember that product), McAfee VirusScan and then worked for Microsoft, HP, VMware and now NetApp. If only wanted to help these guys out and I wish they had been more willing to listen to customers. I started using this software with 5.1/4 floppy disks.

If anyboyd has the orginal target install disk please e-mail me, since this company is out of business I see no copywrite issues with doing that. I have had to cobble it together on my new computer but would kill for a install disk. I lost all of my stuff in a house fire so I dont have any of my CDs left (they didn't burn but got water damaged)

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Okay, wow, 1.2M, I have officially just under 300,000 cards in the system. Today I was doing some inventory building of boxes I have bought over the last couple of years. My version was also 2015, version 7.0 which tells you nothing because the moron that ran the Card Collector never changed the version number ONCE!!

I have been in the software business since 1993, I have been the product manager for Norton AntiVirus, Norton Utilitiies (anybody remember that product), McAfee VirusScan and then worked for Microsoft, HP, VMware and now NetApp. If only wanted to help these guys out and I wish they had been more willing to listen to customers. I started using this software with 5.1/4 floppy disks.

If anyboyd has the orginal target install disk please e-mail me, since this company is out of business I see no copywrite issues with doing that. I have had to cobble it together on my new computer but would kill for a install disk. I lost all of my stuff in a house fire so I dont have any of my CDs left (they didn't burn but got water damaged)

Will drop my friend a message and see if he has the original target install disk.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you brother!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He can help you. Pm me your e-mail and I will have him contact you.

Don
    @badq45t

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have all the disks too if I can help. I even have the old floppy disks from the original program. Im not good at programming at all but just ask me what your looking for. Im sure I have it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey all,

Im Tony, been in the software business for 20 years as well. I had actually started a web based solution(complete with iOS app) for this specific purpose. Havent done anything with it recently, but id ressurect it for users

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Tony, nice to meet you. I have been in the business myself for about that long. I would love to see the software, but for a few Card Collector orphans our wholy grale has been to get a way to move the inventory we have into another system. I can spit out the inventory into a comma delimited file and view in excel easily. Of course reading the CC format would be amazing, however, that would take you time to figure out their format.

Let us know what you can do, I would love to look at the software either way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi badq45t,

The simplest way for me to describe what I built is to label it as a card management operating system. I started by allowing the user to enter their own cards, then built a half dozen reports to view the cards in different categories and then fleshed out the paypal connection and shipping labels. In short, I've automated just about everything so that all you'd have to do is ask me for more features.

The problem I ran into was it was costly to run a dedicated server with less than sufficient revenue to support it.

You mention porting a datasource to another system is the 'holy grail' for collectors. Building an ORM wrapper to do that isn't typically isn't an issue for me even if it's a CSV. The problem I assume I"ll run into is I didn't allow for any free-form inputs(which DO allow for typos). What this means is, if you have 100 cards made by Fleer, but it's spelled Fleeer or Flear in your data source, I'll miss those cards as I'm looking for a different spelling.

If you can supply me with 2 lines from your CSV, I can tell you if I can do the import. I could probably tell you by the end of the week too.

To give you an example of some of the features I built, see below:
    • Card Entry with Front/Back image rotation
    • At least 7 different reports to view cards in different categories(the original reports had pie charts and line graphs to show entry over time)
    • Friend list w/ internal messaging system
    • Paypal integration
    • one click shipping label generation
    • full search capabilities
    • shopping carts
    • trading
    • razzes
    • trades

And the plan was to show historical selling prices to show what other people sold their card for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can send you a file, what is your PM, you can reach me at [email protected]. Send me a PM and I will send you some files. Not issues on typos, the Card Collector creates all of that and they were pretty much typo free.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sent you an email,Id like to see the file you have :)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast