Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mgm37's Items on eBay

Has anyone used Kronoz. It looks like it is geared more to sellers rather than trading but I havent done alot of research.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mgm37's Items on eBay

Tony I would love to see this too.

Hi badq45t,

The simplest way for me to describe what I built is to label it as a card management operating system. I started by allowing the user to enter their own cards, then built a half dozen reports to view the cards in different categories and then fleshed out the paypal connection and shipping labels. In short, I've automated just about everything so that all you'd have to do is ask me for more features.

The problem I ran into was it was costly to run a dedicated server with less than sufficient revenue to support it.

You mention porting a datasource to another system is the 'holy grail' for collectors. Building an ORM wrapper to do that isn't typically isn't an issue for me even if it's a CSV. The problem I assume I"ll run into is I didn't allow for any free-form inputs(which DO allow for typos). What this means is, if you have 100 cards made by Fleer, but it's spelled Fleeer or Flear in your data source, I'll miss those cards as I'm looking for a different spelling.

If you can supply me with 2 lines from your CSV, I can tell you if I can do the import. I could probably tell you by the end of the week too.

To give you an example of some of the features I built, see below:
    • Card Entry with Front/Back image rotation
    • At least 7 different reports to view cards in different categories(the original reports had pie charts and line graphs to show entry over time)
    • Friend list w/ internal messaging system
    • Paypal integration
    • one click shipping label generation
    • full search capabilities
    • shopping carts
    • trading
    • razzes
    • trades

And the plan was to show historical selling prices to show what other people sold their card for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I assume that is some opensource project but a google search doesn't bring anything up. You can build a very complex inventory system. My buddy owns Beverly Hills Baseball Card shop and they put everything on-line when they started their own webstore https://www.californiasportscards.com this site took a lot of $$ to build out but they have a super good inventory system.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome, I might have some free time this weekend, I can probably send some screenshots your way if you PM me your email?

SCF Rewards
    Country

[email protected] - send away

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had some free time tonight after work, so I sent some screenshots. Beware they're basic :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really miss the Card Collector Program, Does anyone on here have the discs so I could download it to my computer? I'd be willing to pay for them and the postage and once I am done uploading them I'd send them back. I know it's probably dated but I have no problem entering the new sets of card manually.

I never cared about prices or an image of the card. I just want the data base so that I can inventory my cards and make lists of needs and doubles for trades.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really miss the Card Collector Program, Does anyone on here have the discs so I could download it to my computer? I'd be willing to pay for them and the postage and once I am done uploading them I'd send them back. I know it's probably dated but I have no problem entering the new sets of card manually.

I never cared about prices or an image of the card. I just want the data base so that I can inventory my cards and make lists of needs and doubles for trades.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey, I was actually in the process of building a web application that manages collections. It's not fully featured just yet, but it's enough to store your data and manage the cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Card Collector Program

Hey, I was actually in the process of building a web application that manages collections. It's not fully featured just yet, but it's enough to store your data and manage the cards.

I've just returned to the hobby only to find out my beloved CCP is gone. Dam You Beckett!! Does anyone know how you go bout adding large sets to the program? Is there a web-site that has the checklists in the format required by the system? Sandy taught me a while back how to do this but I never figured out the large sets? Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've just returned to the hobby only to find out my beloved CCP is gone. Dam You Beckett!! Does anyone know how you go bout adding large sets to the program? Is there a web-site that has the checklists in the format required by the system? Sandy taught me a while back how to do this but I never figured out the large sets? Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Joe, I'm working on something exactly as you've described. Unfortunately, the software mentioned in this thread is desktop based. I had reached out to those who wanted to see what I have, but they didn't return my messages. I did reach out to several people who feel I've got something 'special' and recently went to the NSCC show this past week in Cleveland.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast