Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Card Collector software - Anybody hear about this software/company

So I am a rookie here, I have a good sized baseball card collection but I primarily collect vintage stuff. I bought a ton of crap on the cheap in the 90's, I guess I can have a bonfire one day to get rid of the 1000's of Donruss, Fleer, Upperdeck and Topps 1987 to 1992 stuff I bought at Costco and then bought for $5 bucks a box from my local dealer in the later 90's.

Anyhow, I have over 250,000 cards, they are all cateloged in a program called the Card Collector 7.0. All of them, all 250k to the penny. I have used this package for years, literally since the early 90's when it was still DOS software and came on 3.5 disks. I have kept up with it getting updates annually...the company changed hands many times and went most recently to the biggest jerk this side of anywhere. I tried to give him some suggestions for making the software better and pointed out that he was still on version 7.0 for 5 years. I am IN THE SOFTWARE business, you don't do that.

Anyhow, long story short the program was pretty darn good and with no way of easy export I was sort of stuck with it. I went to do my annual update and BANG - Beckett bought them, for what I don't know as they cancelled the product. They gave me 3 months of Beckett premium, which is worthless for cataloging of cards. So question, anybody else get burned by this and any suggestions on other programs?

Thanks, this may be my first post

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you tried the Inventory Manager on here? It is free.

As for why Beckett bought them out I'm guessing that they were competition so Beckett just buys them and then stops the program hoping everyone will just buy Beckett's program.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Beckett was suing them with the same blanket lawsuit they threw at COMC, millerscards.net and Zistle.com. So far, only COMC has had the financial capability of fighting them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, that is very interesting. I miss the updates but the owner of the company being such horrible business man I sort of want to dance on his grave.

My big issues not getting used to a new program, I am in the software industry and I have been using computers since DOS 2.0, but it is getting my old card collector inventory exported into a new system. Hell I would pay the Beckett ridiculous amount if there was an Import function but there doesn't appear to be. I can put into a comma delimited file but there are not any programs that know what to look for....

I like what Beckett does for the industry but they are just crazy with prices of their products.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Thanks, that is very interesting. I miss the updates but the owner of the company being such horrible business man I sort of want to dance on his grave.

My big issues not getting used to a new program, I am in the software industry and I have been using computers since DOS 2.0, but it is getting my old card collector inventory exported into a new system. Hell I would pay the Beckett ridiculous amount if there was an Import function but there doesn't appear to be. I can put into a comma delimited file but there are not any programs that know what to look for....

I like what Beckett does for the industry but they are just crazy with prices of their products.

having a way to import is something that is on my radar for an enhancement for future development into the SCF Inventory Manager. Additionally, I will be making an announcement about the SCF Inventory Manager later this holiday weekend (probably Monday).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like you, I have been using Card Collector since its beginning, and I am devastated they are no longer around. You can manually enter cards, but I'm sure that will take a long time. I checked with Beckett too, and they don't have a card database program. Yes, we can store them on their website, but that means I can't just pull them up on my computer. So, needless to say, I won't be using them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Time to start an open-source card management program and app :)
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have been using ccp 7.0 for years as well. I've played around with SCF inventory manager but would love to import my collection instead of hours upon hours entering them again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had been using this program from about 1993 up to 2002 when I sort of took a hiatus from collecting.
    Several computers later and needless to say I lost all the information I had in the data base, including the database itself!

I have been looking on line for something new when I stumbled upon this thread.

Personally I am tired of writing down my needs and haves with a pen and paper. I am sorry to learn that Beckett bought the Card Collector program.

Anyone have an alternative to this program? I loved it and since I got back into collecting a few years ago I'd love to start toinventory my cards again. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Pheonix Suns
    See Jumper48's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

After Beckett bought out Zistle I turned to using Excel and Word. I keep my Griffey collection in Excel and want list in Word. Not the most ideal option but very easy. I am still considering options for keeping scans of my cards.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast