Help needed, scammer in cornerbrook nl

Hello, I am reaching out to the hockey card collecting community in Newfoundland and Cornerbrook specifically, seeking help on catching a person who scammed me out of quite a bit of money on July 17th of this year. The card pictured is the exact card I bought but never received, along with a screenshot of the ad where he relisted the card after he had my money in an attempt to resell my card. Here is the breakdown of the story:

I am a residence of Nova Scotia but frequently check kijiji listings across the country and I happened across a nice looking Bobby Hull 1958 Topps RC in Cornerbrook NL. I contacted the seller and made him an offer which he accepted and I sent him the money via e-transfer since he did not have paypal (which I will never do again). He told me had lived in Lower Sackville NS a few years back but now works in Newfoundland. He operated under the name of Leroy Curnew though I don't not believe that it is his real name, which I will get to later. He accepted the money and told me he would mail it to me that coming Monday, which he never did. I tried contacting him multiple times to which he never responded. I then reached out for help from a fellow member of a hockey card forum who happened to live in Newfoundland. Although he is not 100% sure, he believes the man who scammed me is named Keith Bennett. A few weeks after this happened, the seller relisted the card and I took a screenshot of the ad. If you purchased the card, please contact me. I am not looking for you to send me the card or for money, but I would like for you to be able to help me identify the man that sold it to you. Also if anyone in the area can help me with reaching the police or authorities it would greatly appreciated. Although it's hard to tell in the second picture, here is some information about the ad:

AD ID: 1189532318
    Date Listed: Aug 11, 2016
    Address Used: Lower Sackville, B4C 1V4
    Was also selling a 1958 Gordie Howe from the same set in the ad

On another note, a few weeks earlier than that, a man was also trying to sell a Bobby Orr RC also in Cornerbrook. It turns out that the seller had cropped an image from ebay and tried to pass it off as his own. When I asked for more pictures he sent me ones of a reprint card which is worth about a dollar. I didn't purchase the card and I'm not sure if it is the same seller as the one who scammed me, but I do know that someone in Cornerbrook is scamming people out of their money and I'd like to raise awareness to it and help others avoid my losing money. Here is the link on another hockey card forum which helped bring the Bobby Orr scam to light:

http://vintagehockeyforum.com/forum/...-on-orr-rookie

I have emails and pictures to help validate my story if anyone needs proof. Please contact me if you can help me in anyway, and thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and helping me in anyway.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Damn, that sucks... Hope you catch him.

By the way, Kijiji has an anti-fraud policy. You might be able to get more info from them, if you send them some details about the deal gone wrong. At the very least, they might be able to block him from advertising again on their site.

I seem to be making alot of progress in hopes of catching him, does kijiji have an email address to report ads that have expired?

I'm just wondering how you know he or she is in Cornerbrook? He can be anywhere in the world. Also, never send cash or etransfer to someone you don't know. It has scam written all over it. I am sure you are aware of that though. Good luck hunting the scammer down. Not sure kijiji will help, they have no stake in it and provide tons of warnings on the site also anyone can make up an account with false info. So even if kijiji can provide police with the account holders info it could also be fake.
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

Quote Originally Posted by hckycdn93 View Post
    I seem to be making alot of progress in hopes of catching him, does kijiji have an email address to report ads that have expired?
    Check out this page: http://help.kijiji.ca/helpdesk/safet...e-been-scammed

I've heard of Kijiji taking extra steps to help some people who got scammed. Won't hurt to try.

use a dummy email and tell him you will give him full price and meet him at Tim Hortons ... bring a very big friend with you!!!
    take down his car, licence plate and even have another person go write down the VIN of his vehicle.

Did you check the Sackville address? I live in Nova Scotia too. If he's working in Newfoundland and commuting... ?? Call the local RCMP detachment ask what your rights are as a victim. Because the RCMP are Federal.. They can investigate!!! If he's done it more than once.... It could be a major crime!
    Just my 2 cents! Cheers! And good luck!!!