Thread: Summer of Luo - With a Top 3!

Summer of Luo - With a Top 3!

Hey all

Decided to take the time to scan a few of the major Luongo pickups this summer.

Summer is usually a down time for most people collections, but it seems with me its the other way around. Summer brings about cheaper prices as the multi sport guys are more focused on the sports in season.

This summer was no different for me ..... was going to make it one big summer pickup thread, but looking through what I had to scan, I figured to give Luo one all to himself.

Lets start off with some of the "fluff" adds to the PC:

- SPx Shadowbox
    - SPx Winning Materials Dual Patches /50
    - OPC Premier Remnants Triple Jersey /35
    - OPC Premier Remnants Quad Jersey /25

- Black Diamond Gold /10
    - Prizm Purple /25
    - OPC Premier Rare Remnants Triple w/ Roy, Brodeur /20

Ok straight into the better stuff .....

Starting things slow, one of the middle pieces to my Rainbow ( I believe there is also a dual with Roy I still need to grab )

- 09/10 Ultimate Patches Dual Luongo / Brodeur /25

A couple low numbered impossible to find autos from about 10 years ago:

- 05/06 Ultimate Achievements /23

- 06/07 Trilogy Script One /6

Some beauty patches from newer releases:

- 15/16 Upper Deck S2 Patches /15

- 15/16 SP Game Used Supreme Patches /15 x2

A couple more nice patches from ITG

- 07/08 ITG Superlative Jumbo Emblem Vancouver /9

- 07/08 ITG Superlative Jumbo Emblem Florida /9

And one more card that finally completes my rainbow:

- 14/15 OPC Platinum Golden Treasures 1/1

On to a couple honorable mentions before we get into the top 3 ..................

IMO the inaugural year with Panini had some pretty "meh" designs, and is the only reason this card didnt crack the Top 3. However, this is the only shield I have with Luongo in Canucks colors .... so im super happy to have that for that reason:

- 10/11 Dominion Silver Ensigns Shield Luongo 1/1

Another 10 year + old super toughy card to track down. Before The Cup did it ( but not Mask Collection =P, though Luo was not in that set ), this is the 1st Luongo card of its kind.

- 04/05 Ultimate Signature Patches Luongo /10

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd into the Top 3

#3 is easily the best year for Artifacts. Of course, it was also its inaugural year. Gonna have to work my way backwards with this rainbow, but this is a good start:

- 05/06 Artifacts Remarkable Artifacts Dual Tag Auto Luongo 1/1

#2 is my 2nd Luongo shield in his Florida uni, the other being an auto version. Really like the design on this one. This card also completes my Shields from each era in Luongos career. I have a shield from when he was 1st with the Panthers, landed another shield when he was the Canucks ..... and have now gotten a 3rd shield, for his 2nd go around with the Panthers.

- 14/15 The Cup Shield Luongo 1/1

#1 is my only kind of this card, making it #1 in this post. Love the brighter design Panini used in their 2nd year. Not sold on the name of the set buts thats being a little too picky =P

- 11/12 Dominion Had it Stamped Luongo 1/1

Thanks all for the look!

If you think you have some Luos for my PC dont hesitate to shoot me a PM!
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Whoa, now these are some serious Luongo pickups! Those autos are so nice, and super rare to boot!

And those 1/1's just speak for themselves... stunning cards! Those shields & nameplate are gorgeous.

Congrats on all these new additions, may the Lu's be with you this season...

Good stuff!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

That's one heck of a summer, great pickups!