Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Custom and querry

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Custom and querry

So I'm trying to get kinda okay at this. I am a Cubs fan, and I'm trying to start collecting custom cards of living cubs players. I started with Red Adams. I did do a 1987 Topps style card at one point in time, but sized them to 3x5 ICs. I drafted this card last night, I see a couple things I don't like (like a little sloppy freeform select tool) but on the overall, I think I kind of like this card. The major question I have though is how to print these so they are the proper size? and what print medium do most people use to print their customs?
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wound up non-plussed with that designed, so I went a different route as I try to collect living Chicago Bears.

This is meant to be printed at 4x6, with a spot for the signature below the card. :)

Tips and helpful commentary would be appreciated. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like it I would recommend making the player larger. Go from around waist up in the image.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the concept of a larger player image. I'll redo that one at work tomorrow, here's another couple I've worked up. (Yeah, Haha is a Packer, but he was Tide first)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

WHOA those are cool! Great design, really pops off the card!

God Bless,

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sidelinegifts's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

I would fade the background so you wouldn't need a signature area

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Hey there,

I also am in the middle of both of the same collections that you are working on with the Cubs and Bears. I started the Cubs back in 2012, and the Bears in 2013. I've spent more time on the Cubs than I have the Bears, and I've had great results.

Much like you, I started with Red Adams, and the players from the 1940's and have move forward from there. I had great success with players from the 1940's, 1950's 1960's. I was only denied by 7 players from the 1950's, 17 from the 1960's. I'm currently somewhere around 1972 with my efforts. Have lost a little fire for it, but will probably jump back into it soon.

The hardest thing for me was finding good quality photos to use to create the custom. I have found it easier to design a card that contains a headshot, but as little of the body of the player as possible in order to make it look the best and keep it uniform. I'll put pics of two of my designs at the bottom of this response.

It's probably harder to collect all the living Bears. First, the rosters are larger. Second, due to the more physical nature of the game, there are more players that play during a given season on the bottom part of the roster, so keeping track of all the guys that dressed for a handful or even a single game gets hard to do... Football pics from anything earlier than the 1990's seem rare to me. I have much better luck finding good photos of baseball guys...

If you're interested in seeing more, LMK.

SCF Rewards
    Country

those are super cool Thank you for sharing. :)(

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

GREAT stuff all around!!