[Funsize Sports: NFL News & Random Rants About Football] --Vol #1-- >>9/18/2016<<

Today on in this Vol of Funsize Sports I will be talking about comparing Tom Brady & Jimmy Garoppolo "Based On 3rd Year Stats. Also what is your opinion on "Jimmy Garoppolo" taking over after "Tom Brady" retires?

P.S. Thanks for being apart of Funsize Sports :) all your opinions are appreciated.\
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Funsize; 09-18-2016 at 07:58 PM.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Cool idea!

As for Jimmy G and Brady ... listen, I know Brady is an all-time great and a first ballot HOF'er ... but I do view him as a "system QB" at least to some extent.

I don't mean that I believe he would be a horrible QB if he played on another team, and I know that every team runs one "system" or another ... but ... in the case of Brady, I view him as the NFL version of the NBA's Tim Duncan or Bill Russell rather than the NFL's version of the NBA's Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain.

What I mean is that I believe Brady's legacy is what it is due to the "team" success he experienced, rather than the individual dominance he displayed. For example, it is an indisputable fact that the majority of Brady's rings came when he was an inferior player to his later-self, and that such means his rings were more a product of the dominance of his "team" rather than his own individual excellence. If it was all about him, he would have won three of his four rings in the back half of his career, when he was a much better QB than in the front half of his career when he was nowhere near as great a QB as he would become.

To me, Jordan and Chamberlain were "special" "individual talents" that could dominate games single-handedly whereas Duncan and Russell were great players and teammates but were less dominant as individual talents.

The above is obviously just my opinion, so feel free to ignore it entirely, but it is the way I see it.

To me Brady is the second greatest "winner" to ever play the QB position and a top 10 all-time QB any way you slice it ... but ... I don't believe he is even one of the 50 most "talented" QB's to ever play, nor do I view him as being as individually dominant as various QB's.

As for Jimmy G ... honestly I believe Jimmy G could put up Brady-esque stats without a doubt, but that come playoff time, he would fail to live up to Brady's standards ... I also personally doubt Jimmy G will be a long-term Patriot as I think Brady will demand to hang around for 3-4 more years and I don't see the Pats dumping him the way the Colts dumped Manning, and as such, I think Jimmy G will get a starting job elsewhere before Brady retires.

Just my two cents
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. Im so blessed.
    Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

glad to read your thoughts thanks :) & welcome to SCF

Quote Originally Posted by Funsize View Post
    glad to read your thoughts thanks :) & welcome to SCF
    Thank you
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. Im so blessed.
    Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game