Wow Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident.

Wow, RIP Jose. Such a tragedy.
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

2. Kronozio

Greetings:
    Jose had a lot of good things going for him. From his 5hr Energy Drinks ads to tossing a No-hitter in 2014.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

24 years old. What a shame.
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Since this is show and tell let's also make it a memorial for him and share some cards as well. Will miss his smile. His ROY win and being reunited with his grandma was my favorite moment in sports that year.

One of my latest pulls, 2016 SC batting variation.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Collecting Brett Lawrie, Will Clark, Mike Trout, Royals, Kyle Schwarber
    Gerrit Cole, Jason Kipnis, Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Clint Frazier, Drew Brees,
    Michael Lorenzen, Fransisco Lindor, Von Miller, JJ Watt
    Hidden Content

does this remind anyone of what happened during spring training of '94?

Yesish, three people one boat, middle of the night, and tragedy.
    Collecting Brett Lawrie, Will Clark, Mike Trout, Royals, Kyle Schwarber
    Gerrit Cole, Jason Kipnis, Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Clint Frazier, Drew Brees,
    Michael Lorenzen, Fransisco Lindor, Von Miller, JJ Watt
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by chris_brown View Post
    does this remind anyone of what happened during spring training of '94?
    It does; I was thinking about that. Bob Ojeda was fortunate to survive it.
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Authorities in Florida say Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez was not wearing a life vest when he was killed in a boating crash off Miami Beach early Sunday.
    An official from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission told reporters that Fernandez was with two friends when the 32-foot SeaVee that they were traveling in hit rocks and capsized during a boating trip.
    Lorenzo Veloz of the fish commission said the boat was found upside down. Two bodies were found under the vessel and one was found in the water by divers.
    The boat was traveling full speed and was demolished. There was no evidence of alcohol or illegal substances being a factor in the crash.
    Major League Baseball released a statement saying it was ''stunned and devastated'' by news of the death of ace right-hander Jose Fernandez.
    ''Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, the Miami Marlins organization and all of the people he touched in his life,'' commissioner Rob Manfred said.
    The Marlins' game Sunday at home against the Atlanta Braves has been canceled.