Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

Opinions Wanted On Babe Ruth Signed Ball Valuation

Good morning friends! Let me preface this by stating that my friend is asking me to post this. This is NOT MY BASEBALL so please don't send me trade/buy offers!

So, my friend's father-in-law has this baseball signed by Babe Ruth and authenticated by JSA. The authentication, as you can see, is from over 6 years ago. It also came with a valuation, which I have covered up so as to not sway anyone's opinion.

What is the market like for an item like this in 2016? They're not interested in trading but are thinking about selling it. What kind of sale value would you put on it? Do you think the value, in any way, has increased or decreased in 6 years? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

A small sample size, but there are 3 similar condition balls that I used as comps on eBay to get a feel for the value.

Ball One The ball is cleaner without the tape on it, but the signature is faded... and it sold for 5K
    Ball Two The ball is a bit rougher, and the sig is kinda rough, but sold for 3049.01
    Ball Three A team ball. sold for 2800.

I'd figure this ball between 2500 and 6K based on those comps.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

A small sample size, but there are 3 similar condition balls that I used as comps on eBay to get a feel for the value.

Ball One The ball is cleaner without the tape on it, but the signature is faded... and it sold for 5K
    Ball Two The ball is a bit rougher, and the sig is kinda rough, but sold for 3049.01
    Ball Three A team ball. sold for 2800.

I'd figure this ball between 2500 and 6K based on those comps.

Thanks! Are you as surprised as I am that the team ball sold for the least out of those three? Does having more signatures on a ball lower the value of a Ruth signature?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Thanks! Are you as surprised as I am that the team ball sold for the least out of those three? Does having more signatures on a ball lower the value of a Ruth signature?

Willing buyers and sellers. Might have had smaller pocket guys bidding on it. And I know I prefer single sig balls to team balls for display purposes.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Anything Babe Ruth with authentication will sell for big money, I agree with Soldan, though they might realize more by selling through a dealer or auction than just on ebay....my 2 cents, but a cool item, thanks for posting!

God Bless,

Kevin