Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamluangraj_123's Items on eBay

CLE Indians Logo Baseball Project

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted on the site, still check in every now and then and use the TTM Manager often. I have been extremely active and focused on Facebook in various groups.

Anyway, I recently decided to start a fun baseball project. I was never a huge fan of signed ROMLB's, they were just boring to me. I started seeing more and more of the "logo" baseballs; All Star, Futures Game, HOF, Gold Glove, etc. I really liked the way those looked with a signature underneath the logo. So I started looking up different stats and doing research to find all of the All Stars that were selected to the respective game while a member of the Indians. That led to a long list in itself just for the MLB All Star game. I couldn't stop there, I think I have a collecting disorder, and kept looking for different logo balls I could incorporate into this project. My list expanded to Gold Glove winners, Futures game, Rookie of the Year, Cy Young winners, MVP's, and various other special events with specially marked baseballs like the World Baseball Classic, 1984 Olympics, Japan All Star Series, and many more. Unfortunately, some of the logo balls are extremely rare and can only be found on eBay or other sites of the second hand nature. The Cy Young and ROY balls are outrageously priced on eBay, but I haven't been able to locate them elsewhere, both listed over $300 each . The AS baseballs were only produced from 1979 and on, so that presented a bump as well. I decided to have a "complete" collection, I would settle for the signature and inscription of the year of ASG or MVP, CY Young, etc.

So, here is what I have so far, whether purchased from reliable dealers or obtained in person within the past 2 months or so. I plan to start sending some out TTM as well, as a lot of older guys have 100% return rates and I feel comfortable sending the logo balls. So I will try and continue this thread to post my new additions to his collection!

If anyone thinks they may have something I would be looking for, feel free to PM me and I can send my list to you.

Here's a link to my bucket that has descriptions for each ball as well, that will definitely be kept up to date if you wish to save the link.
    http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/ad...l%20Collection

Last edited by Akweldadam; 09-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmyz86's Items on eBay

Helpful hint on that 2016 Eastern League ball, I sent the same ball to Christian Arroyo (SF Giants prospect) and Jorge Alfaro (Phillies prospect, may be with the team next year) and they both returned it signed pretty quick. Could be another option for the future if you're looking to expand beyond Indians players.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Helpful hint on that 2016 Eastern League ball, I sent the same ball to Christian Arroyo (SF Giants prospect) and Jorge Alfaro (Phillies prospect, may be with the team next year) and they both returned it signed pretty quick. Could be another option for the future if you're looking to expand beyond Indians players.

Thanks for the tip, but I think my list will keep me busy and happy enough to stick with just Indians lol. I did get Arroyo on a photo at the EL ASG this year though. I actually have a big list of guys who sign TTM that I will start sending balls to in the near future.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Commish! I requested he sign under the logo, but I'm guessing he just signs a ton of baseballs throughout the year and has assistants send balls when they receive letters. Kind of bummed it doesn't exactly fit into my collection, but at least it's an all star ball.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@raisingsienna Instagram:

Sweet! Is it true that you can just email him and he'll send you a signed ball?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know about email, most just send a letter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I thought I was sending Don Mossi out today, but the USPS is closed due to the holiday, I have 3 more to send as well, but I can't get stamps today either lol.

So tomorrow I will send out Mossi, Dick Stigman, and Gary Bell for blank ROMLB's and asked for All Star Inscriptions, and I also have a Gold Glove ball for Rick Manning. 3 of the guys have very quick (2 week) return times, and Manning had good rates. Let's hope things go well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Bud used to do that, glad to hear that he is doing the same!

Congrats on a nice start to the collection!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Indy! Yeah I was excited to see Manfred was sending requests out like crazy. I noticed Bud is still signing TTM out of his MIL office, so I may send an ASG ball to him as well. Just have to decide which year I want to send.

Thanks for the kind words. should have a few more to post from the CSA show this past weekend shortly, waiting for them to get back to Ohio.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's some additions from the past couple of weeks in the order I received them. First, Gary Bell TTM; Juan Gonzalez, Dennis Martinez and Dennis Eckersley from the October CSA show; and Dick Stigman and Don Mossi TTM. Mossi didn't use my pen (looks like sharpie) and didn't include the AS inscription, so kinda bummed about that, but still nice from an 87 year old man. I have a Gold Glove ball out TTM right now to Rick Manning, and will be ordering some more baseballs this weekend I hope. I have a 1984 Olympics ball I am going to send to Cory Snyder as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast