Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Saddest return I've ever gotten

I sent to former All-American End and 1958 Chicago Bears player Bob Jewett last month. Today I got a note from his widow that he passed on a year ago. I felt rotten, but at the same time thankful she let me know. I'm think I'm going to send her a thank you for letting me know.

It just was sad as it was the first one of my SASEs from since I got back into the hobby to come back to me, and it made me feel bad for drudging up the memory that he passed for her.

No real point I guess, just needed to get it off my chest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

With older players I always check before I send something to avoid what happened to you.

Mario

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@raisingsienna Instagram:

Ugh...that sucks, man :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

With older players I always check before I send something to avoid what happened to you.

Mario

His Wikipedia article had him still alive when I sent it (it had him still alive until I changed it last night.) It happens. Just kinda sad about drudging the memories up on the widow, y'know?

SCF Rewards
    Country

When I first started TTM as a kid I sent to a player who ended up dying a few days after I had mailed it. Weeks later I got a nice letter from his wife saying her husband would have enjoyed my letter and request, as he missed the game and interactions with fans, and would have liked that a young fan was born way after his career was interested in him. She sent me a picture of him s had, as well as a death announcement and funeral program.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I sent to a former baseball player got a success back and he passed away a couple of weeks afterwards.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404