Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A slow clap .....

SCF Rewards
    Country

A slow clap .....

1/1

Beauty UD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeff-Carter-...kAAOSwpLNX~5r~

Man Artifacts sure has gotten terrible
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Beautiful patch! I agree. I like the honoured members set though.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

I've seen patches like that in all products (at least almost all) even very high end stuff....and i'm not excusing it by any means but I don't know that it's fair to knock artifacts specifically. Probably more apropos to on Upper Deck as a whole
    Last edited by RGM81; 10-15-2016 at 01:10 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

as Upper deck continues to transition towards super high end one pack per box products, expect this to become the norm for the no high end stuff. They will be saving all the good stuff for $200+ per pack products.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

But as long as you number it 1-of-1 or 1-of-5, it's worth thousands, right? Doesn't matter what it looks like...
    Last edited by Sharky94; 10-14-2016 at 10:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a handful of endless examples of how Upper Deck is putting plenty of crappy patches in extremely high-end products. I really don't think they are thinking things through enough to even bother putting the best swatches in the most expensive products, and the worst ones in the cheapest products. I think they're just churning out whatever into whatever and enjoying all the money we're throwing at them buying wax

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-13-1...oAAOSw8w1X~cbi
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-2013-1...4AAOSwbYZXaqrT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-2013-1...sAAOSwR0JUSBth
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUSTIN-WATSO...8AAOSwEeFU3rxH
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-2013-1...UAAOSw6EhUSBbo

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its more that UD put the all white patch on a 1/1. All the cards you posted above need to have super nice swatches, as well as white patches. It creates more value for those who get 2clr / 3clr / 4clr / logo / "top set patch" pieces. If every Cup Rookie had a minimum of 2clr, then essentially they would become the "all white patches" of the product

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its more that UD put the all white patch on a 1/1. All the cards you posted above need to have super nice swatches, as well as white patches. It creates more value for those who get 2clr / 3clr / 4clr / logo / "top set patch" pieces. If every Cup Rookie had a minimum of 2clr, then essentially they would become the "all white patches" of the product

I think the "of the product" part of your statement is really key to your point (IMO).

I'm generally of the opinion that collectors are mostly comparing their CUP RPA in it's status/stature to other rookie cards throughout the product porfolio for the season. There might be some comparing of CUP<-->CUP but I think the prestige and value mostly comes from the CUP>Premier>Ultimate>etc perspective. In that perspective specifically, logically collectors would expect that the $600 pack of cards should have all the best swatches guaranteed while the $10 pack should have a chance at a good swatch but most likely a plain-white.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

The cup rookies are an exception, when you make 249 copies of the same card, you're only going to be able to make a certain amount with multiple colors.

When it comes to cards numbered to /25 or less, a multicolored patch should be a MUST. Nothing worse then putting the 1/1 version next to a version /50 and the more common version being a nicer looking card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The cup rookies are an exception, when you make 249 copies of the same card, you're only going to be able to make a certain amount with multiple colors.

When it comes to cards numbered to /25 or less, a multicolored patch should be a MUST. Nothing worse then putting the 1/1 version next to a version /50 and the more common version being a nicer looking card.

A plain white piece of anything in a 1-of-1 is inexcusable. That is even worse than putting a number or letter in upside down or a clearly wrong team patch (ie, the player never played for that team).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast