Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

One last day of instructs (Blue Jays at Yankees 10/14)

Sadly, today is the last day of instructs. The Yankees had a 10am game against the Blue Jays, so I figured I'd stay for the game and see what happened. Gates open at 9am and I got there right at 9am. I have cards of about 7 guys on the Blue Jays Instruct Roster, but only two were there, Cavan Biggio and Lane Thomas. I only had 2 cards of Biggio, and he signed both. I asked him if his father has watched him play and he said "he's here now". Then I got Lane Thomas on a page of 8 cards.

Shortly after that, we saw Biggio walk by and sit on one of the tables. After he finished talking on the phone, I went up to him and asked if he could sign a couple of autographs, as I walked up with 2 other people. He looked at me and said "one", and signed my ball on the sweet spot. I also got a photo with him and he was pretty friendly.

I also got the Yankees pitching coach, Larry Rothschild, on a couple of cards from when he managed the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. During the game I got Hoy-Jun Park on a sheet of 8 cards and had him sign all in Korean. The last time he signed the cards for me in both English and Korean. He has been walking with a translator and I asked him why since I had spoken with him a few times and his English is really good. He said "sometimes I need help", which made me chuckle. I also got a picture with him.

I got Caleb Frare before the game, and Luis Torrens after the game. I also got Clint Frazier to sign 2 baseballs after the game; he is expected to be in AAA and maybe even make it up to the Yankees this season. Finally, I had asked Blake Rutherford to sign and he told me he would sign when the game was over. Around the 8th inning I see him motioning to me and it looked like he was asking the time, so I told him what time it was. He said, "no, I'm leaving and said I would sign for you". I walked over and he signed my baseball, putting 2016 1st Round on the ball. He is one of the nicest guys you would want to meet.

Lane Thomas 8/8
    Cavan Biggio 2/2
    Craig Biggio OMLB

Larry Rothschild 2/2
    Caleb Frare 1/1
    Hoy-Jun Park 8/8 all in Korean
    Luis Torrens 2/4
    Blake Rutherford OMLB
    Clint Frazier 2 OMLB

It's been a long week having been there three times, and for over 4 hours this time between the pre-game, the game, and the post-game.
    Since everybody left at the same time today after the game, I missed several guys but wanted Frazier the most since he's their top prospect.

IMG_8488.jpgIMG_8497.jpgIMG_8496.jpgIMG_8495.jpgIMG_8494.jpgIMG_8493.jpgIMG_8492.jpgIMG_8491.jpgIMG_8490.jpgIMG_8489.jpgIMG_8498.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Love love love the Hoy-Jun Parks.

Congrats on getting Biggio.

Good instructional league season for you man. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@raisingsienna Instagram:

Unreal!

So what's your grand total during instructs?