How do I tell apart the 05-06 Rookie Showcase versions? (Regular & Beckett)

I'm hoping somebody can refresh my memory in regards to the 2005-06 Upper Deck Rookie Showcase cards. There were 2 different versions, the regular version and a Beckett Promo version. From what I recall the only difference is a slight variation in the text color on the front of the card, but I can't remember which version is which.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I've included an example from the set to show which cards I'm talking about.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Hidden Content -- Twitter @BackyardRink
    TRADING FOR: Various singles & set needs
    Jarome Iginla Autographs
    Senators (NHL/AHL) Autographs

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Seems like the Promo version is a little ... lighter? I could be wrong, as I've seen different scans of the 05-06 UD Rookie Showcase cards, and depending on the quality of the scan, the colours may be a little different. So I would think the promo is a lighter text colour (and background colour) while the regular version is darker. Just my best guess. If you can find HD photos of the two cards, maybe you can confirm it.

Best of luck!

Edit:

Look at the two Lundqvist's on COMC :)
    http://www.comc.com/Cards,=2005+rookie+showcase
    Last edited by creasecollector; 10-20-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Quote Originally Posted by creasecollector View Post
    Seems like the Promo version is a little ... lighter? I could be wrong, as I've seen different scans of the 05-06 UD Rookie Showcase cards, and depending on the quality of the scan, the colours may be a little different. So I would think the promo is a lighter text colour (and background colour) while the regular version is darker. Just my best guess. If you can find HD photos of the two cards, maybe you can confirm it.

Best of luck!

Edit:

Yes the difference is just a matter of the text/border color, that much I do remember. I just can't remember which is the darker version and which is the lighter one.
    Jarome Iginla Autographs

Quote Originally Posted by creasecollector View Post
    From those scans it looks like the Beckett version is lighter colored one. Thanks
    Jarome Iginla Autographs

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    From those scans it looks like the Beckett version is lighter colored one. Thanks
    No problem! Hopefully you can snag some for your collection.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Dave, the Beckett inserted version is a Petwer ( Lighter Color ) and the online version is Bronze ( Darker Color )
    Dennis
    Website / Hidden Content

I HAVE A US PO BOX FOR MAILING IN THE STATES

Quote Originally Posted by rene73 View Post
    Dave, the Beckett inserted version is a Petwer ( Lighter Color ) and the online version is Bronze ( Darker Color )
    Dennis
    Pewter? Usually pewter does not have yellow in it (like gold, copper, bronze.) See Pacific for use of pewter parallel, it is like a dark gray.

Thanks Dennis, that's how I recalled but couldn't find clarification anywhere online. I know Beckett did a write-up about the different versions years back but I wasn't able to track it down anywhere.
    Jarome Iginla Autographs