Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Patrice bergeron making a case for being best defensive forward ever

Respected by veterans, adored by young players, worshipped by nerds, Patrice Bergeron might be the best defensive forward in NHL history.

Imagine taking the ice with two linemates. One is the guy you play with every day, your longtime friend, someone you know inside and out. The other is the greatest player of the past decade. Its safe to say the first guy would have to do something spectacular to stand out more than the second.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...e-forward-ever
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Kronozio
    I could easily see that. He's unquestionably the best defensive forward of this generation, which is really saying something when you consider the likes of Kopitar and Toews. In an era where the players are as big and strong and even skilled as they've ever been, it's quite a feat.

For this era perhaps but Bob Gainey is still the best I have ever seen.
    Traders:Hidden Content

Wantlist:Hidden Content

The want list at this link features what I need of Giroux, Couturier, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous set. If you have nothing from it I will consider CFL cards, current Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (Habs), vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait.

Thanks and Happy Trading.

Maybe I'm out to lunch here, but I always differentiate between "defensive forward" and "two-way" forward. Granted, Gainey was in the last few years of his career when I started watching, but from what I've seen/read/heard about he is probably still the best defensive forward to play the game. His offensive prowess always left a little to be desired. Bergeron is certainly more talented than Gainey was offensively...making him a better two-way forward.

Can't forget Datsyuk when talking about best defensive forwards of this generation. Just because he retired this year doesn't put him in a different generation.

Without question Pavel Datsyuk is the Greatest All Time Defensive Forward.

I would have Bergeron on my team anyday, but i think you guys are forgetting about a guy named Yzerman & a guy named Federov, 2 of the best of all time as well..
    Oh yeah, & as the guy above mentioned there is Toews as well..
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 10-26-2016 at 10:30 AM.

All of you seem to be forgetting that the that the topic of discussion is the best Defensive Forward. Specifically, that implies someone who can shut down an opponents top forwards while contributing on the scoresheet. If a Russian coach can agree with me that Gainey is the best he has ever seen that is good enough for me.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-best...-the-forwards/
    Last edited by piper1; 10-26-2016 at 10:57 AM.

The want list at this link features what I need of Giroux, Couturier, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous set. If you have nothing from it I will consider CFL cards, current Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (Habs), vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait.

I dont debate that Gainey was 1 of the best defensive forwards of all time, but his offense is what hurts him. Did he ever have a 50 goal year or a 100 plus point year? I dont know for sure but if i had to guess i would say no. My pick would be Yzerman, he played against the other teams best everynight & still had 50 goals & 150 pts year in & year out.. Just my opinion though..

Quote Originally Posted by jameslacarte View Post
    I dont debate that Gainey was 1 of the best defensive forwards of all time, but his offense is what hurts him. Did he ever have a 50 goal year or a 100 plus point year? I dont know for sure but if i had to guess i would say no. My pick would be Yzerman, he played against the other teams best everynight & still had 50 goals & 150 pts year in & year out.. Just my opinion though..
    I guess it really has become all about the scoring which is why even the Norris now goes to guys who cough up the puck or get caught up ice on a regular basis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast