Thread: Jets to re-sign J.Trouba

Jets to re-sign J.Trouba

From what im hearing it will be for 2 years, 6 million. I think there just doing this to trade him.

looks like a done deal. 2.5 million (pro-rated) this year, and 3.5 next. I'm surprised he accepted a deal that paid that little (after holding out) but much better than not playing.

Even if there's no trade - he'll still be 2 years from UFA status when this deal expires, so there's no risk to the Jets.

I think a great deal for the team, and a good thing for the player to be back playing.

Trouba was in panic mood. Get a deal done or sit for the year. Good for Jets not caving in to his demands
    Flickr Page Hidden Content
    Tradepage: Hidden Content
    Photo Bucket: Hidden Content

Bridge deal that leaves team with the option to deal him away. We will see if this is good for long-term relations between player and club.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

If the Jets really wanted to commit to him they would have given him a much longer deal with more money. I think they'll package him up with Burmistrov or Pavelec, Jets are in need of a goalie.

Not sure about "package up with" but if the ultimate goal was to trade him - I suspect he's not a more valuable asset than he was last week. Any team that takes him knows what he'll cost for this season and next.... and it's a pretty cheap price.