Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

2016-17 Upper Deck Acetate Parallels

I helped a friend open 6 boxes of Upper Deck Series 1 a few days ago and the only cards I liked were the acetate parallels. So, that is all I'll be collecting from this product. I'll be watching for sales here and elsewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

They are a very nice looking addition to the YG program. It reminds me of when ICE first came out back in the Daniel Briere days...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They're a pretty nice addition to the roster this year, but I do have to agree with you that the product seems somewhat flat otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pretty psyched to hit one of the top rookies but overall there's not a whole lot there for me as a Habs collector.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I opened my box at the card shop and didn't even realized I got an acetate. Once I got home and started working on my blog post I discovered it. Made not getting one of the better boxes a little better.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not a fan of the lackluster inserts this year, even the YGs look stale. Goalie nightmare, portrait and colossal look like cheap retail pack inserts. I have watched some GB's and come to the conclusion that this product is extremely boring and generates very little in terms of excitement.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

The puck drop cards are pretty cool. The other new inserts are a bit boring. I'm pretty sure they had to add something unique to hobby to appease the B&M stores for the exclusive to Epack cards. I think that's why we see the Colossal and Nightmare cards.

I bused 5 cases and I'm very happy with the return. I got pretty damn lucky though!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I like the small addition of the Acetate cards, but overall I think Series 1 looks meh. I wasn't impressed with the base designs either. At least add in some colour coordination with the teams. The blue they used everywhere on the cards this year didn't do it for me at all. Just my opinion.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See darbscard88's Items on eBay Instagram:

I opened my box at the card shop and didn't even realized I got an acetate. Once I got home and started working on my blog post I discovered it. Made not getting one of the better boxes a little better.

I picked up 3 loose hobby packs (well a box, but my dad gave me 3 packs ) and the same thing happened to me. Hit the Matthews/Nylander checklist acetate and had no clue until I inspected it more closely. its harder to tell with that card

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with everyone. Starting to pick up a few of the acetates. I have also been opening a bit of 2015-16 Upper Deck S1 & S2 because there are some good deals (I have friends at all three local card shops - sometimes run the store for one of them). If I pull a few McDavid YGs or some of the other great rookies, I may trade in this forum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Be careful, these aren't true SSP acetates that are exclusive to Series 2. These are clear cut inserts and are not as rare as the true acetates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast