Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

NEWLY MARRIED! :) Target Box Breaks: Mixed Pack Card Box and 15-16 Excalibur Box

I just got married last night! :)

Husband and I got tons of gift cards from various loved ones at the wedding, including a few for Target. I really wanted to go there tonight to see what kind of basketball cards they had, so he took me there (he ended up getting some sweatshirts for winter; he's not a collector, or even much of a sports fan in general except for MMA/UFC). I decided to try 15-16 Excalibur (not a huge fan -- liked it better as Crusade -- but it was the only 15-16 product there that I hadn't busted before) and one of those ever-interesting "mixed pack" card boxes that can land you anything from cheap early '90s wax to occasionally more fun hits.

Broke the mixed pack card box first. A huge piece of wood was on top. I thought this was either a manufacturing screw-up or else a really bad idea for packaging filler. Then I found a little card that said the piece of wood was from the court at the 2011 NBA All-Star Game. Husband said, "Wow, they are really running out of ideas" but hey, it's a quirky little piece of memorabilia at least!

The four packs were 90-91 Hoops (of course -- only 40 billion more of these left in the world to open! ), 13 Upper Deck Kansas Jayhawks (forgot they did this set to celebrate the college team), 13-14 Hoops, and 15-16 Prestige. I also got 50 bonus cards that I almost didn't see because they were shoved in a little white box; thought this was filler, too. Man, the packaging in these things sure is deceptive. Anyway.

These were the 'hits' in the mixed box --

90-91 Hoops: um...
    13 Kansas: Paul Pierce Distinguished Numbers, Jo Jo White Jayhawks Legacy
    13-14 Hoops: Marc Gasol Courtside, Tony Snell Red RC Parallel, Rudy Gobert RC
    15-16 Prestige: Dennis Rodman Stat Stars /125, Brilliant Beginnings Manu Ginobili
    The little white box I almost tossed: Dennis Rodman 95 Signature Rookies Tetrad Titans Promo, 94 UD MJ Decade of Dominance 1 x2

And now for the Excalibur box --

Knights of the Round - Carmelo Anthony (cool card) !
    Crusades - Isaiah Thomas, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan
    Jamfest - Kawhi Leonard
    Team Titans - Manu Ginobili
    Knight School Game Used - Josh Richardson
    none of the better rookies, unfortunately ...

Ah. Wish it could have been better overall. That little piece of wood might be the most interesting thing that came from this $40 total purchase!

All available for trade (except the wood chunk).

I'll probably be getting more stuff later. This is the first of a series of wedding gift purchases that will involve b-ball cards in some way. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

CONGRATS on the marriage! You know your husband owns half your cards now

Time will fly, it seems like I just got married yesterday but my wife and I celebrated our 5th anniversary last month.

Also congrats on the Knights of the Round, that's a case hit.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks so much! Yeah, the Knights is a nice card. Looks like last year's is going for a little less than previous year versions though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Congratulations on getting married! I wish I would have gotten cards as wedding gifts!

Enjoy this season in your life!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks!