LeBron James slams coaching legend Phil Jackson for using the term posse

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...erm-posse.html

LeBron James has slammed coaching legend Phil Jackson for referring to his business partners as his 'posse.'

'I've got nothing for him,' the Cleveland Cavaliers star said on Tuesday.

James said he's lost respect for Jackson, the current New York Knicks president, after he used the word in a recent interview to describe the NBA megastar's business associates.

He added that Jackson's comments underscore a larger societal issue for young African-Americans trying to achieve success in the business world.

'You can't hold up the whole team because you and your mom and your posse want to spend an extra night in Cleveland,' Jackson said in the ESPN interview .

The word 'posse' struck a chord with James, who has surrounded himself with childhood friends during his career.

'We see the success that we have, but then there is always someone that lets you know how far we still have to go as African-Americans,' James said Tuesday following the Cavaliers' morning practice.

'I don't believe that Phil Jackson would have used that term if he was doing business with someone else and working with another team or if he was working with anybody in sports that was owning a team that wasn't African-American and had a group of guys around them that didn't agree with what they did.

'I don't think he would have called them a posse. But it just shows how far we have to go. But it won't stop us from doing what we need to do as a group.'
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    LeBron has always been my son's fave player and one of my top 5 as well ... but ... I have lost a lot of respect for him lately. First it was hearing him blaspheming on national tv, then it was his support of HRC, then it was this nonsense with PJ who no one with any actual knowledge would even consider to be a racist imo, then it was refusing to stay in Trump Tower ... I mean, I'm all for individual thought, expression and free speech and I respect LeBron for standing up for what he personally believes in ... but ... when you claim to be a Christian and then do some of this stuff, it just irks me.

LeBron is the most powerful athlete the NBA has ever seen ... his influence on both the league and society in general far exceeds Jordan's influence in his heyday ... shoot, LeBron could be the POTUS one day, and if that happens, more power too him ... his recent actions just bug me.
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

I've never thought of Phil Jackson as having a racist bone in his body and after this dust up my mind hasn't changed. The only thing has changed is that I now think of Lebron as being a bigger bonehead than I did before. You can recklessly call somebody for saying something racist but Phil Jackson? Really? That just sounds so stupid uttering that sentence. Phil is always a laid back kind of guy and I've never heard anything bad about him until this and it sucks that his name had to be dragged through the mud over nothing.

Also it has been a pretty rough couple of months for Lebron. Just shut up and play basketball on the court because off of it you don't have the pull you think you do and you are only famous and rich because you can put a ball into a hoop. You aren't getting paid millions a year to be worshiped for your opinions.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I've never thought of Phil Jackson as having a racist bone in his body and after this dust up my mind hasn't changed. The only thing has changed is that I now think of Lebron as being a bigger bonehead than I did before. You can recklessly call somebody for saying something racist but Phil Jackson? Really? That just sounds so stupid uttering that sentence. Phil is always a laid back kind of guy and I've never heard anything bad about him until this and it sucks that his name had to be dragged through the mud over nothing.

Also it has been a pretty rough couple of months for Lebron. Just shut up and play basketball on the court because off of it you don't have the pull you think you do and you are only famous and rich because you can put a ball into a hoop. You aren't getting paid millions a year to be worshiped for your opinions.
    The above is very, very well put and I agree with you 100%!

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.

It may have not been the wisest and most tactful term to use in this ultra-PC, take-offense-at-any-little-microaggression climate we're in now, but perhaps that's not so much Phil's fault as it is LeBron's for continuing the cultural trend of being over-sensitive to this kind of thing. Maybe a little Proverbs 19:11 is in order; as a nation, we're no longer overlooking minor offenses now, and instead reacting too quickly and angrily to even the slightest things.

^ Another well thought out post and I agree 100%.

Everything about political correctness bugs me. I also despise how it seems slanted to punish certain groups of people. I remember seeing some silly article on yahoo about how Kylie Jenner was racist and needed to apologize for simply wearing a bandana on her head because that was committing the crime of "cultural appropriation" ... I mean, are you kidding me? Then, when Jordan Clarkson wears a kilt to a Lakers game, no one says a thing and he claims it's "swag" to do so? Um, the last time I checked the Scottish do have their own culture, no?

The world we live in is just nuts. Two of my favorite books of all-time (other than the Bible which is my favorite book) are Orwell's "1984" and Huxley's "Brave New World" and I think everyone would do well to read these two books, and multiple times if possible, as the foresight in both is just incredible.