Vince Carter 1/1 auto acquisition

Sort of...LOL

So, my wife and I were at a pretty casual charity fundraiser about a week and a half back, and Vince and Chandler Parsons were there. Low key event at a new local bar...about 50 people there maybe? Wife is an attorney for FedEx and it was a corporate event.

Parsons was super-cool - my wife and I went to Florida so we had plenty to talk about with Chandler. Chatted with him for about 20 minutes about the Gators, Memphis, etc.

Vince seemed a bit quieter, but he's also been doing this sort of thing for 20 years. Generally seemed like a nice guy, and I was totally star struck. I mean, dude was pretty much the biggest thing going when I got out of college in 1999.

My 7-year-old daughter has become a gigantic Vince fan ever since we ran into him last year while picking up our dog from the place we board him when we leave town (Vince boards his there, too apparently, and he was picking them up post-Grizz road trip).

I didn't bring anything with me for either player to sign - wasn't sure what was appropriate at a charity thing. Other people did, though, so I figured I'd make it happen, and had to make do with what was on hand. I grabbed a plate off a table (a little appetizer plate...compostable wood-type-substance of some sort) and got Vince to sign it for her.

We got home right as the sitter had put my kids to bed, and the gigantic smile on my little girl's face when I gave it to her was definitely worth the awkward, probably incoherent sentences that undoubtedly came out of my mouth while obtaining the 'graph for her.

Behold - the Vince Carter 1/1 Compostable Plate autograph.

Bucket: Hidden Content
    Currently looking for: 2013/14 Intrigue Slam Ink Jason Richardson | 2005/06 SP Signature Edition Signatures

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Very cool! Congrats!

Scobes
    Hidden Content -- Hidden Content
    Baseball - Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Mark Sobolewski, Vintage, & Phillies (in PHI uniform)
    Hockey - Valeri Kamensky, Chris Bala, Bob Kudelski, Patrick Rissmiller, & Autos/#ed/Base cards of Flyers (in PHI uniform)
    Football - 1950s Vintage & Eagles Autos Golf - Tiger Woods Basketball - 76ers Autos

I heard leaf is looking for cut out autos :)
    Hidden Content - Always looking to trade
    looking for these basketball sets!
    99-00 topps east/west, 04-05 ud black diamond gemography autos, 08-09 topps chrome orange refractors, 09-10 certified, 10-11 donruss cracked ice, 11-12 limited xrc non autos, 12-13 prizm, 12-13 brilliance spellbound letters

That is so cool! Great story. Always did like Vince; I remember the Vinsanity years fondly.

Congratulations. Cooler than the coolest card!!!