Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should LeBron's cards be worth as much as MJ's?

I noticed Beckett seems to be pricing LBJ and MJ about the same in many sets...the guy's definitely good, but he's only been around three years. Does he really deserve to be up there with Jordan?
    Last edited by gatorboymike; 08-28-2006 at 10:29 PM. Reason: wrong section

I think so. Because of potential. Lebron is like 23 years old, and already a triple double machine! Jordan is the best ever, but can do no more. Sky is the limit for LeBron, and barring injury, he'll probably be the best ever.

I would say at this point, No. A career ending injury could still happen (Although I doubt it). Hes an amazing player, but MJ won championships.

Btw, Gator, your pic in your sig is funny. I like it!

i do think so... it is all about what is hot right now... no one is still buying MJ cards from older sets because everyone has them... look around for some 91-92 Skybox jordans and i bet almost everyone has at least one of his cards from that set... technically now that card has no value because there is no market for them... same with lebron... everyone that collects lebron wants all his stuff... in a few years when everyone gets the stuff it will settle down too
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

I agree Viking. It's really a popularity contest. Some people can argue that MJ wasn't the best player ever, but there's no question he was the most popular ever. And LeBron is probably the most popular out there right now. It's that, more than any skill or accomplishments of his, that makes him so valuable.

And people who haven't been in the hobby for the long haul should take note that back in 1992, for a few months, Larry Johnson's cards were more valuable than Michael Jordan's.

it kinda irks me that people can sit there and honestly think that someone like lebron and mj were the best ever, yes mj had skills that rated him at the top player of the game in his time period, yet the purpose of the game is not to score the most points or post the most rebounds, or compile the most points ever, the point is to win, and above all nba championships speak above everything else. and so with 11 nba championships bill russell is the greatest of all time because he did what matters won championships, anything else in the game is just trivial, so when lebron can bring home as many as mikan then you can talk greatest, until then, what does it matter. and yes you can blab about how russell was surrounded by greatness, yet the one constant on those 11 championships was.... bill russell

Yes. For now. Jordan is still around and signing auto's, even if there is a limited number of GU cards they can make of him, and lebron will be around for a while, and his seemingly limitless potential, i think it is justified.

lol theonedru, you sound like my mom...she grew up watching the Celtics during those years and has now been watching basketball for decades. No one will EVER be able to convince her that MJ, Wilt, etc. were greater than Russell.

At age 20-21 LeBron is one of the top 3 players in the NBA, while Jordan was still playing college ball at that time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast