Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinion Needed: Ebay best offer

Hi everyone,

I found a nice the cup emblems of endorsement (for the PC) this week-end. I contact the seller to know if he shipped to canada. He said yes, and after a few emails we clearly agreed to a price (115$us), including shipping to canada.

The card was priced at 200$ OBO, so i send him an offer at 115$. I also add "including shipping to canada" in the comment section. The seller accepted my offer in the next hour.

One day later, i received an invoice of 115$ + 9$ of shipping. (Ok, i know it's only 9$). I sent him a polite email regarding the deal we previously made and he refused to remove the shipping fees...

Anyway, I decided to pay for the card as i really need it.

9$ isn't a big problem but i wasn't supposed to pay for it.

Any opinion on what i should do?

Thanks

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Because it's word of mouth deal there is not much you can do other than not pay for it. And play the game of chicken with the seller to see if the deal is worth more than $9. If you don't want to lose out on the card

even if he has accepted my best offer, with the "shipping included" comment?

Whenever I do that, I always check what their shipping price is in the original listing, then remove that amount from the official offer.

As mentioned you need to factor the shipping into your offer. It is against ebay's terms of service to stipulate pricing conditions in the best offer comments.

Darren

Regardless it's up to the seller. I was lucky to spot a SP Authentic Future Watch Limited /25 Eichel which I won the auction for $60 and the seller said he wouldn't accept my money and relisted it and eBay said there was nothing I could do.

Quote Originally Posted by dahabsfan View Post
    As mentioned you need to factor the shipping into your offer. It is against ebay's terms of service to stipulate pricing conditions in the best offer comments.

Darren
    thanks for the info, i didnt know about that. Now i know!

Quote Originally Posted by edler4114 View Post
    Regardless it's up to the seller. I was lucky to spot a SP Authentic Future Watch Limited /25 Eichel which I won the auction for $60 and the seller said he wouldn't accept my money and relisted it and eBay said there was nothing I could do.
    Were you able to leave any negative feedback?

There is a chance the seller didn't see your message about the shipping in your offer. I have missed these messages more than once. It is against ebay policy like someone mentioned, to put terms like that in the comments. I wouldnt leave them a negative without clarifying with them what happened. It could be an honest mistake.
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

Quote Originally Posted by sjw241 View Post
    There is a chance the seller didn't see your message about the shipping in your offer. I have missed these messages more than once. It is against ebay policy like someone mentioned, to put terms like that in the comments. I wouldnt leave them a negative without clarifying with them what happened. It could be an honest mistake.
    Yep, i missed them as a seller as well... so it can be an honest mistake.

However, in this case,We also exchange emails (my offer was 115$ including shipping in this email) just before i sent my offer on ebay...so lets say it's two mistakes :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast