Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anybody Else Been Seeing This At Walmart? People Are Ripping Them Off And Stealing

So the last 2 Walmart's i've been to i've seen this now, people are ripping the packaging off of the 16-17 Upper Deck Series 1 tins, taking the packs out and leaving the Oversized card inside, one Walmart I saw 3 of them empty with none left unopened on the shelf and the other one today had 2 empty tins with no other tins left on the shelf. They take the packaging off the tins with them as well I guess. I've brought all 5 tins total up to the customer service, somebody is getting away with it and they are making Walmart lose out on quite a bit of money there. Anybody else having this happen at Walmart's close to you?

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    yeah see it happen every year with stuff like this or resealed packs with YGs removed..etc, walmart attracts the worst kinds and they don't care enough to really fight it so this is what you get.

Oh yeah, that's a huge issue for retail boxes. "Pack Searchers" are not good for the hobby.

It's brutal.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

They have camera's at Walmart they should really be watching these people....it's brutal, i'll be surprised if I ever see a tin in a Walmart again lol

In all honesty, Walmart doesnt card if people are stealing things that costs $40
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by canucksfan007 View Post
    In all honesty, Walmart doesnt card if people are stealing things that costs $40
    Gold for us though!
    PC: Nikita Tryamkin
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (needs updating)

Quote Originally Posted by nyrangersfan8169 View Post
    They have camera's at Walmart they should really be watching these people....it's brutal, i'll be surprised if I ever see a tin in a Walmart again lol

most of the time these people are buying them and returning them and employees don't know enough to even realize anything is amiss until the next person trys to buy them when they are reshelved.

Quote Originally Posted by canucksfan007 View Post
    This is sadly very true. I've worked in retail, and a cheaper priced piece of inventory gets very little / no attention from the employees on shift as well. It's the sad reality but it's true. When you have so many products to oversee in such a large store, these things happen.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Just so everyone knows, Wal-Mart does not lose a dime on all of this. The company that stocks the product is the one who loses, their contract from Wal-Mart is that they only get paid for what sells and nothing else. So if someone steals or damages a product WM does not care, they are out nothing. They actually tell the employees to not stop shoplifters, if they attempt to, they can be fired. It is cheaper for WM to watch a product walk than have an employee get hurt trying to stop them and they are liable.

I also know of a Target store that an employee who works there searches all the product as soon as it is stocked and takes it all from there. I bought probably 100 loose packs from there last year and got not 1 YG. I only buy sealed product from that store now, and walk on everything else. Truly low scum of the world...
    Well, guess I am looking for a new photo site as well, ehh maybe not....

Theft is going to happen with numerous products in a store like walmart when you have 4 employees during busy hours. They have obviously mathed it out and they will take the loss rather than hiring more people. For this reason I have no sympathy for a company like walmart that severly understaffs to pad their bottom line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast