Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    OPG Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @@shayneshark See AndyDaltonCollector's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2017 Image Uploading Contest!!!

As 2016 begins to rapidly wind down I thought I'd announce the 2017 image uploading contest!! Get those scanners humming as this one is gonna be big!!

Win a Drew Brees signed Purdue mini helmet!!!

Brees has thrown for 60,903 total yards through the end of the 2015 season so......

Be the first person to reach 60,903 VALIDATED images uploaded during 2017 and you win!!

We'll post a public leader board here soon so members can see who has uploaded the most images, images that have not yet been validated and images that have been refused in the validation process. A link on the number of images refused will let you see which images were refused and you can always ask me why they were refused and we will gladly help you out. For instance we have a minimum size requirement that is if you multiply the width by the height, it needs to be equal or greater than 90,000 pixels (SO 400 X 300 pixels = 12,000 so that passes size-wise). This is what we use for the minimum size in the master card image library and not for your use in just your inventory. Your images must pass validation so make sure to check the Validation tutorial for all of the card image validation requirements. If you have a card rejected and you would like to re-upload a different image for that card, please contact shayneshark to clear that card from the database BEFORE you upload a new version.

I'll also add images of the helmet soon - it's in my possession and is being donated out of my collection.

ADDED - Here's the link to the image totals for the year:

http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/report/imageval/20
    Last edited by ShayneShark; 01-18-2017 at 12:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is it 60,903 uploaded yourself or the first person to upload card #60903 for next year?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

OPG Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @@shayneshark See AndyDaltonCollector's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Is it 60,903 uploaded yourself or the first person to upload card #60903 for next year?

It's 60,903 posted by a single person (that's approx 167 scans per day for 365 days).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See gpachl's Items on eBay

For those of us (well, I can only speak for myself) that won't get close to 60,000 cards, will we still get 2 CC per approved upload? Also might I suggest maybe "mini" or monthly per team contest . Say like one month, pick a team from each sport (1 for Hockey, 1 for Football, 1 for Basketball, 1 for Baseball) or just one random team, and give a bonus to the person that puts in the most per that team (making people who upload, set the team for the cards they upload). Just typing as I'm thinking. Thanks.
    Check my SCF inventory for inserts /parallels /autographs /game used & relics /rookies.
    Emmitt Hidden Content . -My Emmitt Smith card count: 6,432 different cards as of 1/3/2023. (#ed=2,796, gu/relic=847, autos=198, 1 of 1's=81)
    Cowboys PC (not including Emmitts): 11,455 cards (6,955 different base, 4,500 insert/parallels/autographs/games used/etc.)
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (363)
    Country
    See zoecards's Items on eBay

It's 60,903 posted by a single person (that's approx 167 scans per day for 365 days).

Only 167 per day? Piece of cake! Considering only 5 members hit 10,000 this year, I think that 60,903 may be a touch out of reach. Of course I only manged to upload 1% of that amount this year, so give me 100 years and I'll hit the 60,000 mark. All teasing aside, thanks for running the contest.

Scott

OPG Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@scottkoz20

For those of us (well, I can only speak for myself) that won't get close to 60,000 cards, will we still get 2 CC per approved upload? Also might I suggest maybe "mini" or monthly per team contest . Say like one month, pick a team from each sport (1 for Hockey, 1 for Football, 1 for Basketball, 1 for Baseball) or just one random team, and give a bonus to the person that puts in the most per that team (making people who upload, set the team for the cards they upload). Just typing as I'm thinking. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

for January - I do not plan to run anything. I have payouts to finish for 2016 that need to be done in January. In addition, I plan on looking at making changes to the Inventory Manager and I need to understand everything.

As for 2cc per, my plan was to reduce this back down to 1cc in starting around 1/4/2017 (after @ShayneShark finishes all of the backend payout processing for images). However, I am open to keeping this at 2cc until February.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See gpachl's Items on eBay

[QUOTE=scottkoz20;14333020]for January - I do not plan to run anything. I have payouts to finish for 2016 that need to be done in January. In addition, I plan on looking at making changes to the Inventory Manager and I need to understand everything. QUOTE]

Don't make changes just for changes sake. Have you evaluated all the other changes so far and how they have affected site traffic (positively or adversely)? Have they all worked out to increase the popularity/traffic of the site? I know for one if I have to do more to put a card into inventory, I will just get my life back and not spend the hundreds of hours I spent putting in over 10,000 cards this year. I've got over 5,000 cards in the inventory and not one query about any one of them. That leads me to believe that the inventory, which I believe is an awesome tool, as it stands currently, is not being utilized by members or site leaders to push such a thing (my opinion of course). I don't even know what I'd do with my card cash, but at least it was something to try an get for time taken in putting in cards. Thanks for your time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Boston Red Sox Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @FaZeBls0618

[QUOTE=NBSII;14333057]
    for January - I do not plan to run anything. I have payouts to finish for 2016 that need to be done in January. In addition, I plan on looking at making changes to the Inventory Manager and I need to understand everything. QUOTE]

Don't make changes just for changes sake. Have you evaluated all the other changes so far and how they have affected site traffic (positively or adversely)? Have they all worked out to increase the popularity/traffic of the site? I know for one if I have to do more to put a card into inventory, I will just get my life back and not spend the hundreds of hours I spent putting in over 10,000 cards this year. I've got over 5,000 cards in the inventory and not one query about any one of them. That leads me to believe that the inventory, which I believe is an awesome tool, as it stands currently, is not being utilized by members or site leaders to push such a thing (my opinion of course). I don't even know what I'd do with my card cash, but at least it was something to try an get for time taken in putting in cards. Thanks for your time.

I agree with you. If the cc payment is reduced and if the process to an images changes, I might drastically reduce my images added. The system is already really slow during the process and way too much time has been spent just waiting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

[QUOTE=NBSII;14333057]
    for January - I do not plan to run anything. I have payouts to finish for 2016 that need to be done in January. In addition, I plan on looking at making changes to the Inventory Manager and I need to understand everything. QUOTE]

This is something of my concern as well, and I have personally tried in the the Hockey trading section to take it upon myself to have an active thread in there "advertising" the IM, and some of the tools it encompasses. Unfortunately there are a lot of people disinterested and still try the old school 'post a thread and see what happens'.... To them it's less work. However!<---!!! If people here really did take the time to utilize the IM, and click that one link I provide in my trade thread, they would finally understand how easy making trades on SCF really is....

The question is for everyone here. Do YOU the members of SCF use the IM? Are YOU aware of how it works? Most importantly! Do YOU have your entire want list in the SCF IM? If so. Click this link ---> Find all want list available in the inventories!<---

Those of us that have all of our inventory in the IM may just have cards you need, and you you didn't have to scroll through trade lists, and stinkin' photobuckets[BTW I really hate them! Unclear gang scans/sideways images(hurts my head to tilt)/and no information as to what the card is that you're looking at] to find something to trade for.

I have actually made some of the fastest trades using the SCF IM. Yes it took me time to upload my inventory, and yes it took time to put in my want list, but in the end it works way easier than the alternatives in the above paragraph!

Just my two cents.... Well 1.52 cents after the exchange rate!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast