What size and type team jersey for autographs?

Hello all!
    I apologize, if this not the correct forum because it has nothing to do with cards. That said, I'm looking at team jerseys (MLB, NFL, NBA & NHL) to get autographed. Ideally, I get two of each player on my list with one of each to be displayed in my own collection and one to resell. What size and type (authentic vs replica) team jersey(s) would you get?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Does size REALLY matter? I'm thinking to buy the small size jersey to have signed and framed so the frame doesn't have to be too big and expensive. That said, when buying a jersey to have signed and framed, what size jersey do you buy?

I have only gotten two jerseys signed but both times I purchased a large. The place where I took them to get framed had a flat rate of $200 and they end up folding the jersey so that the name and number were centered. I think they both came out looking perfect. I figured that a large was the middle ground (a small would be too little and an XXL would be too big). Good luck!

4. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Quote Originally Posted by BSRice View Post
    I have only gotten two jerseys signed but both times I purchased a large. The place where I took them to get framed had a flat rate of $200 and they end up folding the jersey so that the name and number were centered. I think they both came out looking perfect. I figured that a large was the middle ground (a small would be too little and an XXL would be too big). Good luck!
    Thanks!
    Did you have options for different size frames or is there a "standard" or typical size frame sold/used for jerseys?

It all depends on your purpose. If you are getting signatures solely for your personal collection, it's really your preference. Same goes for authentic vs replica.

However, if you re looking for resale value, the general rule is to try to get a jersey that's as close to the size the player would wear as possible.

My preference is to get jerseys in the players size (or mine) and only get jerseys with stitched-on numbers and letters. They usually cost a bit more than those that are screen printed onto the jersey, but they seem to hold up better.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclebeech View Post
    It all depends on your purpose. If you are getting signatures solely for your personal collection, it's really your preference. Same goes for authentic vs replica.

However, if you re looking for resale value, the general rule is to try to get a jersey that's as close to the size the player would wear as possible.

My preference is to get jerseys in the players size (or mine) and only get jerseys with stitched-on numbers and letters. They usually cost a bit more than those that are screen printed onto the jersey, but they seem to hold up better.
    Thanks!
    My purpose is two-fold:
    1) Have resale value in both signed jerseys that I wish to resell, as well as those in my personal collection.
    2) Have UN-signed jerseys, in my size, to wear, as a fan.

As for authentic vs replica, looking at the following Cespedes jerseys as well as similar Mets' jerseys for Wright and Piazza, I'm assuming the $287.99 is "authentic" because it has the word "Authentic" in it and that price.
    Men's New York Mets Yoenis Cespedes Majestic White Home Cool Base Player Jersey $119.99
    Vs.
    Men's New York Mets Yoenis Cespedes Majestic Home White/Royal Flex Base Authentic Collection Player Jersey $287.99

Last edited by SportsCardsRock; 02-19-2017 at 05:40 PM.