Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Who is the GOAT QB?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes in school. He came off as a punk kid who thought he could do whatever he wanted. I forgot to pay for crab legs. Ya sure kid.

Um, he never said he "forgot" to pay for crab legs. He always said and maintained that an employee told them he'd take care of it. Also, it seems obvious that the actual video surveillance from the grocery store proves Jameis was telling the truth as he was handed the crab legs by the employee and then walked around with them inside the grocery store for quite a while before nonchalantly walking outside with them. He never tried to conceal them or sneak away with them or anything like that.

However, even if he did steal some crab legs, which I think it's entirely obvious he did not, I don't think that will effect how he slings the ole pigskin ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How can you not compare using the stats I used. Is it hard to compare? Yes but that is the purpose of your poll. How do you arrive at how great a QB is. Your using stats for otto and compare them with brady and manning but say we can't use stats in a comparison of different eras. Ok. No stats just awards like all-pro. That is a joke really come on. Even awards are biased as well. It is something that is voted on!! Just like you said about Brady's suspension. The MVP should be about the body of work etc and you say people will hold the suspension against him. That is why awards are so crappy. It is just like not voting for a pitcher in baseball for MVP because there is already a Cy young award for them. And the comment about the HOF guys. When your comparing guys that have retired to guys that are still playing this is what you get. And until I see patriots Brady played with in the HOF the discussion is mute. That is a discussion for the future not now. We are talking about the now. And of course noboday can PLAY with a HOF player. Your comment is absurd. The main point is the player he played with was so great that he ended up going into Canton. Again if patriots other than Tom get in we can revisit the converstation but until that day comes it should not be used for the current debate.

You know full well you're being silly when you mention stats in regards to Otto as the game was played far different in his era ... don't be goofy. The guy was a SEVEN-TIME 1ST TEAM-ALL PRO just like Manning and a THREE-TIME NFL MVP ... Brady is just a 2-time 1st team all-pro and 2-time MVP ...

As for your other comments ... you can't have your cake and eat it too ... you know full well the guys who LATER were enshrined into Canton from the Cowboys, 49'ers, etc., were not already enshrined when they played with Montana and Aikman, etc., yet you mentioned how many HOF'ers other QB's played with ... my points stand and like I said, when all is said and done Brady will most likely have many other Patriots joining him in the HOF.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How can you not compare using the stats I used. Is it hard to compare? Yes but that is the purpose of your poll. How do you arrive at how great a QB is. Your using stats for otto and compare them with brady and manning but say we can't use stats in a comparison of different eras. Ok. No stats just awards like all-pro. That is a joke really come on. Even awards are biased as well. It is something that is voted on!! Just like you said about Brady's suspension. The MVP should be about the body of work etc and you say people will hold the suspension against him. That is why awards are so crappy. It is just like not voting for a pitcher in baseball for MVP because there is already a Cy young award for them. And the comment about the HOF guys. When your comparing guys that have retired to guys that are still playing this is what you get. And until I see patriots Brady played with in the HOF the discussion is mute. That is a discussion for the future not now. We are talking about the now. And of course noboday can PLAY with a HOF player. Your comment is absurd. The main point is the player he played with was so great that he ended up going into Canton. Again if patriots other than Tom get in we can revisit the converstation but until that day comes it should not be used for the current debate.

You admit you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. You can't do that. You can't elevate Brady for not "playing with" HOF'ers and downgrade Montana and Manning and others for "playing with HOF'ers" but then admit they weren't HOF'ers when they played on the field together, and then say we can re-visit the Brady argument in the future ... that's not honest debating and it's quite silly.

As for Otto ... your statements are even stranger. You know full well you can't compare modern QB stats to Otto era QB stats ... you know that. The best thing to do, is to look at awards, unless you want to do some heavy research and compare Otto's stats measured against QB's in his era vs. Brady's stats measured against QB's in his era and then chart which QB trumped their opposition by the biggest margin ... and I doubt you want to do that.

The fact remains that Otto, in his era, was a 7 time 1st team all-pro and 3-time MVP and had more "team success" than any other QB n history to boot ... all while also playing CB.

Brady's resume just doesn't measure up to Otto's. Having just two 1st team all-pro's is a huge negative, a huge monstrous negative for Brady. Having two MVP's is nice but it's not the 3 Otto had either.

Now, you've seen my top 5 of Otto, Manning, Montana, Brady and Unitas ... give me your top 5 with reasons for each.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Currently, I would say Joe Montana. Not just because I love the Niners, but the fact he went 4-0 in the SB with 11 TD's and no picks. However, if Brady pulls off another SB victory, he has to be in the conversation.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Gotta go with Tom Brady for me !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Gotta go with tommy boy. I'm a giants fan, though I live in Patriot territory, Great bunch
    to select from, but most did not have to deal with FA. Nobody would be able to keep the likes of craig, rice, and clark, lott today

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Currently, I would say Joe Montana. Not just because I love the Niners, but the fact he went 4-0 in the SB with 11 TD's and no picks. However, if Brady pulls off another SB victory, he has to be in the conversation.

I can understand that ... I do think many NFL fans look at Joe's 4-for-4 in the same way many NBA fans look at Jordan's 6-for-6 ... it won't matter to them if LeBron wins more rings as he lost some Finals as well, so even if Lebron goes 7-for-11 they will still consider MJ the GOAT.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 14smoke2x's Items on eBay

Unless I missed it no mention of Aaron Rodgers? Look at the man's statistics alone and then factor in horrible Lambeau field weather and a below average offensive line and RB's for most of his career. He has his Lombardi, but one more would cement it for me. This team would be as bad if not worse than the Cleveland Browns without him.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Unless I missed it no mention of Aaron Rodgers? Look at the man's statistics alone and then factor in horrible Lambeau field weather and a below average offensive line and RB's for most of his career. He has his Lombardi, but one more would cement it for me. This team would be as bad if not worse than the Cleveland Browns without him.

Rodgers is a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD man ... I think no one votes for him yet as they all no he could play another 5-8 years or so, so they want to see how he finishes out.

His career yards and TD's aren't that impressive yet as he got such a late start, but they should be very good by the time he retires ... but his QB rating is already out of this world and that ring he has is nice as well :-)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congratulations to TOM BRADY on his 5th ring ... and 4th SB MVP trophy. I called it earlier that he wouldn't win the regular season and would have to "settle" for the SB MVP, though honestly, James White should have won it.

Regardless, Tom Terrific had a second half for the ages and just won the greatest Super Bowl ... ever! What a game!

As for if this game would elevate him above Montana or Otto Graham in my mind ... no. He played poorly in the first half and even on that game-tying drive, he threw a horrible pass that should have been picked by the same game who picked 6'd him earlier in the game, but this time popped the ball up in the air and Edleman made an all-time-great-catch to save the drive. Brady deserves all the praise he gets though and I'm thrilled for him tonight and had a blast watching him hoist that Trophy!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast