Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Who is the GOAT QB?

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Question Poll: Greatest qb ever?

So, who ya got and why?

I personally don't think there is a GOAT QB, I really don't. I think Graham, Montana, Brady, Manning and even Unitas all could make a legitimate claim for such a title and if a gun were put to my head and I was forced to pick one, I'd say Otto Graham. However, it's always a fun discussion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Texas Rangers Dallas Mavericks
    See nolan34ryan's Items on eBay

I'm going with Manning because I believe Superbowls are a team recognition not a QB recognition. If Manning had belicheck and that D all these years he would have had more SB. If your going to say SB is the standard then you have to go Elway because he's been to 5 and 3 of them were with terrible teams. But if you go with SB appearances and flat out stats, then nobody has ever had a better half decade run than Jim Kelly.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is a reasonable way to look at things ... and I agree ... people value "rings" far too much when they weigh "individual greatness" as rings are a by product of TEAM greatness.

I'd still have Otto at the top as his stats for that time period were great, he played CB on defense as well and even returned punts. The guy was a dynamo!

I would however have Manning ahead of Brady ... you can't consistently get beat out for 1st team all-pro but be higher on a GOAT list than the guy who always beat you in my mind.

I'm going with Manning because I believe Superbowls are a team recognition not a QB recognition. If Manning had belicheck and that D all these years he would have had more SB. If your going to say SB is the standard then you have to go Elway because he's been to 5 and 3 of them were with terrible teams. But if you go with SB appearances and flat out stats, then nobody has ever had a better half decade run than Jim Kelly.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dan Marino. He brought a new mental read to a passing game. His quick release was one of the fastest. He had average running backs that forced him to throw the ball more than any team before him

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dan was a bad man ... plus he was in Ace Ventura

Dan Marino. He brought a new mental read to a passing game. His quick release was one of the fastest. He had average running backs that forced him to throw the ball more than any team before him

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

I always thought Montana was the greatest. The MNF game against Elway where he was a Chief sealed it for me. That was a LONG time ago.

This is a timeless argument.

But I am going to wait to vote until I see TB tomorrow.

If he's beaten by Trevor tomorrow, I don't think I can vote for him, even though I kinda feel NOW, he's the answer to this question.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tm Brady definitely has a claim and by the time he retires he could actually be the GOAT ... but ... there is the spygate and deflategate things that will always put an * next to his name for many fans ... Montana, Manning, etc., don't have such on their resumes.

I always thought Montana was the greatest. The MNF game against Elway where he was a Chief sealed it for me. That was a LONG time ago.

This is a timeless argument.

But I am going to wait to vote until I see TB tomorrow.

If he's beaten by Trevor tomorrow, I don't think I can vote for him, even though I kinda feel NOW, he's the answer to this question.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Ya know, I don't really care that much about that stuff.

I judge em on how they perform on the field. That's what we are talking about.

Montana beat Elway at his best in what is still the greatest game I ever saw.

And while TB has been a marvel superhero, not really here. He's 2-7 here.

But he gets another shot tomorrow.

Hope he likes the cold!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If Tom Brady and the Patriots win a Super Bowl this season I'd feel comfortable at putting him at #1. He's really only played with one team that was loaded on offense and these rest have really been with scrubs. If you want to say it is his coach, spygate, deflategate, etc I'd don't know about all that I mean it isn't like he's out there with PED failed tests or something. But going by what he has done he has the stats and has the wins (if it wasn't for the Giants stopping him would this even be a discussion?) and even though I thought he was overrated and overhyped years ago he's grown on me for a discussion like this.

I mean I think the question is basically if you have one game to win with any neutral type team and your life depends on it are you going to pick somebody other than Brady? If so I'd go with him. Though I could see somebody going with about a half dozen other guys as well. They are all in the "elite" QB class if you will.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree with much of the above. I always felt Brady was drastically over-rated until he won the SB against the Seahawks ... however if I'm taking one QB with my life on the line, I'm taking Montana over Brady every single time.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast