Poll: Who is the Greatest RB ever?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Who is the GOAT RB?

Question POLL: Who is the GOAT RB?

So, who ya got and why?

I personally don't think there is a GOAT RB, I really don't. I think Barry, Emmitt, Brown and Payton are widely recognized as the "big 4" but that , Faulk, L.T. and even guys like Simpson, Dickerson, Peterson and Tomlinson could all make a case for such a title.

If a gun were put to my head and I was forced to pick one, I'd say Marshall Faulk as I believe he was the greatest "all around" running back in NFL history ... though I do consider Barry Sanders the greatest pure "runner" God Himself ever created that played in the NFL!
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    I voted for other because you left off Thurman Thomas the guy Barry Sanders couldn't start over at OSU. Also the guy that did what Marshall Faulk did a full decade before any other back had changed the game like that with the catching. Gets points for pioneering. But if your asking me which one of these guys could get the most rushing yards behind the 90's Dallas Cowboys Offensive line and taking catching the ball out of the equation. I'll Take Barry Sanders and his 20,000 career rushing yards with a star on his helmet.
    Collect all Texas Rangers, Nolan Ryan, Dirk Nowitzki, Joey Logano, & Jeff Gordon.
    Hidden Content
    Check out my new Podcast Show Dave & Dal Show Hidden Content
    EPH 2:8-10

Quote Originally Posted by nolan34ryan View Post
    I voted for other because you left off Thurman Thomas the guy Barry Sanders couldn't start over at OSU. Also the guy that did what Marshall Faulk did a full decade before any other back had changed the game like that with the catching. Gets points for pioneering. But if your asking me which one of these guys could get the most rushing yards behind the 90's Dallas Cowboys Offensive line and taking catching the ball out of the equation. I'll Take Barry Sanders and his 20,000 career rushing yards with a star on his helmet.
    Thermal Thurman eh? He was a bad boy and you're right about the pioneering thing ... I don't think he was as good an all-around back as Faulk, but he was such "first" :-)

And yeah, I think Barry's stats would look other-worldly had he and Emmitt switched places!

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.

If you put every RB on that Cowboys team do you think anyone of them would have done worse? I mean Smith was on a RB's dream team and while he did excel quite well I have a hard time putting him #1 because of it. I mean Barry Sanders played on some god awful teams and still was almost getting 2000+ yards in the same era.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

had to vote for Walter Payton as I remember watching him although Barry Sanders and Faulk were great as well

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    If you put every RB on that Cowboys team do you think anyone of them would have done worse? I mean Smith was on a RB's dream team and while he did excel quite well I have a hard time putting him #1 because of it. I mean Barry Sanders played on some god awful teams and still was almost getting 2000+ yards in the same era.
    I like Emmitt and consider him to be more of a complete back than Barry as he was a decent receiver and a very solid blocker, but he was nowhere near the all-around back that Faulk was and was nowhere near the pure runner than Barry was ... so ... for me, Emmitt doesn't make my top 5 (Faulk, Brown, Sanders, Payton, LT).

Quote Originally Posted by 10braves View Post
    had to vote for Walter Payton as I remember watching him although Barry Sanders and Faulk were great as well
    Sweetness was great indeed and a very "complete" running back.

I voted Walter.

But no TD? haha

His time was short, but it sure was sweet!

TD was great and deserves the HALL OF FAME, no doubt about it!

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    I voted Walter.

But no TD? haha

His time was short, but it sure was sweet!

No question in my book Walter Payton he played years with a terrible offensive line and still put up great numbers also I think he only missed 3 games during his career that's unheard of these days I wish Ditka would have given him the ball to score in super bowl 20 but didn't second I'd say Emmitt Smith he was a beast great runner 3rd would be Mr Barry Sanders
    Hidden Content

Hello i trade bye BV only I'm Looking for Leather/Bat/Glove Sweet Spot auto's 2015 National Treasures Leather autos & 2011 Playoff Contenders Sweet Signs autos & Paul Konerko,and Chicago Bears & Blackhawks I also respond to all my PMs and Post's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast