Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you add extra cards...

Why do you add extra cards...

Just thought this might be something people can share about the way they feel about collecting cards..

So my Q is -

Why do you add a couple extra cards when you do a trade or sale?

I will start it off.....

I enjoy recieving a few extra #'d card or RC when I get a trade in the mail and like to hear it when other people feel that way.... It is always cool when it is a star too!

I don't always do it, but when I have a card that I think the other person will like/need/enjoy more than I will, then I'll include it.

I think its just a courtesy thing. I include rc's and star base a lot.

Ya.... today I sent out a trade and added a Roddy White RC and a Leftwich/799

eived a couple trades today from tcc and all of the mhad a coupleextra cards think ill pay it forward

yea,i traded wit dis one dude,and he had to send back the card,because it got damaged in the mail,but when he sent it back,he included a parker jersey card!

if i have players that the person i traded with collects i usually try to throw in a couple extras just to try and make someones day,got that from my wife as she calls them happies

I have done that a few times. In fact I mailed a Troy Aikman auto that I got for $5 to a buddy. It was a 91 Proline no embossing and I KNOW the Aikman sigs from that time I felt it was good. He a Aikman fan with out a Aikman auto. I have given people I know autoed cards of players that they will cherish. Do you kick yourself when it was a inperson Brett Favre and Reggie White.? No because that is their favorite team. That person will enjoy that card more than you will if it is not your team. If you go to church it is called blessing someone. If you are spirital it is karma or should I say CARDMA. Effect the people that you can with the gifts you have and remember you never see a u-haul behind a hease.

I know that was a tangent sorry. I will throw in a extra if I have it laying around. It helps establish a good rapport with other people for what a .50-2.00 card that you will probably never care about. I really thnk its good for the hobby. I remember when I would go into a card store and the sample pack had a player from my team on it the the owner let you have it for free.
    Thanks for letting me have my 2 cents
    MJB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast