And I Thought Owning a "Pogge" Was Out of Style! My 150th Piece!

Up to 113 unique goalies in the museum and 150 unique pieces.

Andhere is the final day of new additions to the museum before the next...wheneverthat may be.

JustinPogge was born on April 22, 1986 in Penticton, BC and was a strongly favoredprospect from Prince George/Calgary of the WHL. He was drafted by the TorontoMaple Leafs 90th overall in 2004 and his numbers only went up from there in theWHL. In 2005-06 he led the Canadian juniors to a convincing gold, furthercementing his prospects as a future NHL #1 goalie. He transitioned to the AHLthe following year with the Marlies and posted average numbers in his first proseason. In his second year, his numbers improved in all aspects as he began toget used to the faster and tougher pro game. Then, in 2008-09, he was given thecall. On December 22, 2008, he was placed in between the pipes against theAtlanta Thrashers and he pulled off a convincing 6-2 victory during which hemade 19 saves on 21 shots. It did not get better for him from there. In hisnext six games leading up to March 28, 2009, he surrendered six goals againsttwice, five goals against once, four goals against once, and three goalsagainst once as his numbers dropped to really low levels for the NHL standard.My opinion I'm sticking with is that he was rushed to the NHL too fast. Afterthe 2008-09 campaign, the Leafs gave up on him and traded him to Anaheim. Whilea member of their club, he spent the majority of the season with their AHLaffiliate, though he was called up to the big club, never to see any gameaction. That same year, he was traded to Carolina. He remained in the minorleague for the Canes for a season before being signed by Phoenix for the 2011-12season. He posted average numbers with San Antonio but did get one more call-upto the big time with no play once again. From there, he went to Europe where hecontinues to play. As of 2016-17, he is currently in the KHL and hoping to makean NHL comeback.

Inhis seven game NHL career (barring a comeback), Pogge recorded a 1-4-1 recordwith a 4.36GAA, and a 0.844% save average. He appeared in no playoff games.

Thepiece you are looking at right now is a 2007-08 Justin Pogge pre-season wornsweater. Wear is minimal and includes some black marking on the crest and lightpiling throughout the sweater.

Acquiredfrom: Meigray Group with LOA

Datesof Game Use: 2007-08 pre-season

Photomatched:Referenced

Hidden Content
    Irbe Supercollection Hidden Content
    Bruce's Goaltending Museum: Hidden Content

Nice Jersey!! I thought he was going to be a star in this league for sure!! I have no idea where he is now. Congrats on another nice Game Worn Jersey....

Great Leafs jersey, I remember when Pogge was supposed to be 'The guy' in Toronto. Those were the days!

Great show!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Creasecollector: As a Senators fan, my heart tells me I have to do this, even though it might seem cruel, but isn't any player who puts on a Leafs jersey supposed to be "the guy" at one point or another?

Irbefan: as always, another great piece for your collection!

HC Slovan Bratislava of the Kontinental Hockey League...that's where he is now
    Working on a Jonathan Drouin collection with other Halifax Mooseheads from the Memorial Cup winning squad and guys since as a secondary PC (Hischier, Groulx,Durandeau, Crossley, Veleno from the Sea Dogs)...will trade anything else I get for them. Please reply once we've started a dialog, even if the trade doesn't work out, it's simple courtesy