Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

Favorite pickup of 2016:
    04-05 UD Black Diamond Gemography Reggie Miller auto BGS 9/10 - This is a huge piece in one of my set collections. It took a long time to come to an agreement on price, but i'm happy to have gotten it.

Hobby goal for 2017
    Definitely pick up more PC items. It's hard to come by my low end sets, but I enjoy making trades on the lower end. My goal is to pick up 40 inserts by the end of 2017

Someone who made a difference to you this year in the hobby
    Kendra or dunkingdurant35. This member, on SCF, contributes the most to this forum and is one of the best members around. She is always helping out the forum in various ways and props to her for remaining on SCF for DECADES

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the contest!

Favorite pickup of 2016 : 14-15 The Cup Tomas Hertl 1/1 shield - definitely one of the top pickups for my PC and it was actually a local deal which was a first for me, nothing like rolling up into a parking lot to pick up a shield of your favorite player instead of waiting for it to come in the mail.

Country

Favorite pickup of 2016: A big bulk lot of Cleveland Indians base cards, about 2,000!!!

Hobby Goal: Get organized, I really need to sort and put in binders.

Someone who made a difference: @tkraft24 for selling my a ton of Grady Sizemore cards, and that huge Indians lot!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Favourite pickup of 2016 was actually not even card stuff, though I definitely had a lot of fun in the hobby this year. My overall highlight was definitely participating in organizing the Josh Gorges Street Hockey Tournament here in Kelowna in the summer. The full story of the event is here.

Getting to meet Carey again was really cool, even if he was having a bit of an off day. He signed my jersey:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/clear.gif

And Brendan Gallagher is also a pretty awesome dude:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/clear.gif

But for me the kicker that day was seeing so many smiling faces, especially the kids. Being a part of that joy was very rewarding. So yeah, that's my hobby-ish-related highlight of 2016.

Hoping to do it again next year.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

First off, I just wanted to to say thank you for this giveaway! Really awesome to see/read this kind of stuff! Best of luck in 2017, everyone!

Favorite pickup of 2016:

09-10 Upper Deck Ice Premiere's 4/10
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...016/05/312.jpg
    This card is just awesome every way you spin it. Great year for these 09-10 Ice Premiere's, and to finally land one of my main PC player was a big deal for me in this hobby. :)

Hobby goal for 2017:
    I would like to, if possible, finish my Upper Deck 300 Win Club set I am currently focusing on. It's a very, very new project, but one I'm pretty stoked about. I've been looking for a set to collect for some time now, and I finally decided this is the one I'm going to chase (mainly the jersey's, but the occasional patch/stick #/10 as some nice extras). These cards are case hits, full of great goalies of our game, and the design is really simple but super appealing to me. It's going to be tough, and who knows if I'll ever complete it, but that's what will keep the chase going!
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...16/12/1252.jpg

Someone who made a difference to you this year in the hobby:
    Some of you may know him and have seen him around, but GabbyGuy (Curt) has been posting updates regarding his son Connor's fight with brain cancer. Just seeing how much his son has to go through keeps things in perspective for me. Curt in his own right has an incredible Gaborik collection that is beyond superb, but seeing those updates keeps my own life in perspective that these cards we collect are awesome in there own right, and I'm personally so very grateful that I get the pleasure of spending some money on a hobby I've enjoyed since I was a little kid just learning about the game. But as grateful as I am about my own cards and memories in this hobby, these can never ever take the place of family or anything else in our lives. So he may not even see this message (as he usually posts on HI), but thank you to Curt and his son Connor (who is fighting the best fight I've ever seen !) for helping us (including myself) keep things in perspective.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 12-22-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics New England Patriots San Jose Sharks
    See vicdah_7755's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Such an awesome of a pickup man. I was looking at the card for a long time but thought his asking was like 20-25% too high for it to be worthwhile. Really glad it ended up in a good home though.

My favourite pickup of the year, oh there have been a few but I'm going with the 13-14 Panini Prizm finite auto /1. A dude living about 100 miles from here got it in a box of RA this summer, a friend told me about it and we reached an agreement which, in all honesty, I probably ended up on the good side of.

Good luck during 2017!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Such an awesome of a pickup man. I was looking at the card for a long time but thought his asking was like 20-25% too high for it to be worthwhile. Really glad it ended up in a good home though.

My favourite pickup of the year, oh there have been a few but I'm going with the 13-14 Panini Prizm finite auto /1. A dude living about 100 miles from here got it in a box of RA this summer, a friend told me about it and we reached an agreement which, in all honesty, I probably ended up on the good side of.

Good luck during 2017!

Thank you so much, @Vicdah ! I appreciate it man.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    1st off best pick up in 2016 had to be 3 things pulling the Babe Ruth Game Used in a pack, the starter lot of the '79/'80 Topps Hockey which I am down to 3 cards from completing before my 50th birthday lol & 3rd had to be being able to find some new places to shop for singles for helping others on their needs. Goal for 2017 complete about 10-15 sets off my wantlists getting permission to go to Chicago for the National since I am prohibited from leaving Michigan at the moment hard to keep my nose clean but I think I can try lol my best. As for someone who has been a major influence this year well....I can't name all the members here on SCF cause I don't want to make the post ever so long by the time I got to list done I'd have to include every new person who joined & no one would be able to read this post. I also like to mention that even if I don't win the contest I have always greatful that I am able to come to SCF to make new friends and trading partners and without SCF my wantlists wouldn't even get a dent made cause of the lacking in finding the stuff that I need to complete the sets in the first place.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Cool thread

2016 saw me shifting a lot from modern to vintage. I finished my 70-71 Topps basketball set and got within 1 card of my 58 Topps football set (Jim Brown RC- holy crap is that expensive)

I am working on opening an ebay store. Ive been saying that for years, but I have a partner in the works, so if he and I get on the same page, that will happen, and I am very excited about it!

I also rejoined staff here on SCF and I want to be a productive staffer who really helps get this site back to where it once was. I have some great ideas and I hope to implement them.

Glad to be here! Merry Christmas!

Ed

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Cool thread

2016 saw me shifting a lot from modern to vintage. I finished my 70-71 Topps basketball set and got within 1 card of my 58 Topps football set (Jim Brown RC- holy crap is that expensive)

I am working on opening an ebay store. Ive been saying that for years, but I have a partner in the works, so if he and I get on the same page, that will happen, and I am very excited about it!

I also rejoined staff here on SCF and I want to be a productive staffer who really helps get this site back to where it once was. I have some great ideas and I hope to implement them.

Glad to be here! Merry Christmas!

Ed

This is so awesome to hear. And best of luck with your new eBay store moving forward!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast