Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF End of Year Holiday Celebration Contest - Tell us about your year!

Hello fellow members,

It's coming up to the end of the year and we wanted to take the chance to thank you for your contributions to our community with a little contest!

All you have to do is post any of the following:

Favorite pickup of 2016

Hobby goal for 2017

Someone who made a difference to you this year in the hobby

By doing so, you'll be entered into a draw to win all of tuukkatime's card cash and a goodies care pack courtesy of myself!

Thanks for the great year and cheers to more laughs, trades, and fun (and more Rask!)

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Favorite Pickup: I finally reached 5,000 different St.Louis Cardinals Cards
    Hobby Goal: to hit 7,500 in 2017
    Someone who made a difference: Jamie29, because his lot of cards pushed me over the 5,000 card mark!

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Boston Red Sox New England Patriots
    Packrip.com Traders

Thanks for the Contest Matt. My favorite pickup is actually a couple cards that I already had which I sent in through SCF to be graded this year. My Kershaw Box Topper Auto received a BGS 9.5/10 and my Clemente received a BGS 6. My goal for 2017 is the same as it always has been, to have fun and enjoy collecting. Thanks again
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...16/12/1149.jpg
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...16/12/1150.jpg
    I collect David Ortiz, Roberto Clemente, Mickey Mantle
    Red Sox Team Cards, Red Sox Autos, Red Sox GU, Red Sox Patches
    2011 Topps Red Sox Parallels, 2009 Topps Commemorative Patch

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

First off I want to thank you for the contest. I would like to go with somebody who changed the hobby for me.

It was my nephew, he was continuously getting in trouble in school and his grades were not the greatest he is just hitting that pre teen age. We took him with us to Baltimore for a weekend series and to a giant flea market loaded with sports cards he was hooked on the hobby after ripping a few packs and getting some of his favorite platyers, on the return home I explained to him if he turned things around at home and school we could go grab a couple packs a week and if his grades improved we would get a box at the end of his semesters. Well needless to say it has driven me back into collecting and has done wonders for him doing his chores and homework even extra creit. We have recently started TTM with mild success he doesn't understand why the stuff isn't back in a few days (lol). But it is the collecting that has made our relationship stronger and given us countless hours together. Thank you to my nephew Jay love ya
    Last edited by camsue; 12-20-2016 at 09:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks to all at SCF for this great site.

Best 2016 Pickup- Getting back into the hobby full bore after approx 20 years on the sidelines.

Hobby goal- Try to secure a card of one of the players that I collect that is out of /10 or lower.

Difference- Roger aka PatriotsGuy. Was sent a card due to finishing on the top 3 for a contest. Really appreciated the gesture and time he took to send the card.
    Hidden Content
    Baseball: Ty Cobb, W.Mays, Jackie Robinson,Musial, T.Williams,Gehrig, Ruth, Tris Speaker, Joe Jackson, Ty Cobb, Paul Waner Basketball B.Russell Soccer: Pele UFC: Israel Adesanya WWE- Andre the Giant Twitter: @joecham

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

fav item gary carter auto bat from auction signed by 45 hall of famers
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...0#post14325910

goal is to get 2500 trade here

some who made a difference is a reg trader have dave from md been trading with him for years got a 1993 sp jeter from him. one of best reg traders ever have had

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Matt- Thank you for the thought=provoking topics. Everyone else has responded to all three topics I will stick to one:

My favorite pick-up of the year was a 63 Roger Maris PSA 6.5. As much as I enjoy the modern cards, the vintage cards help me feel connected to my father's era and remind me of the love for sports and especially baseball he instilled in me. It may not make sense to some, but it makes me nostalgic for an era I never knew.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Favorite Pickup: I finally reached 1700 different Emmitt Smith's and 1750 different Derek Jeter's!
    Hobby Goal: To hit 2,500 of each in 2017!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

Favorite pick up: got back into the hobby this year and my first group break I got a Khalil Mack nfl shield rookie laundry card 1/1 from 2014 crown royale. My favorite player in the league and he happens to play for my team.

Hobby goal: currently at 46 derek carr autos want to get to 60 (it's getting expensive to collect him :/)

someone who has made a difference: guy i know from instagram card trading who's helped me keep my passion for the hobby going as things got tough this year especially since i was just getting back into the hobby. i got him to join SCF but he only has one post so far haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Favorite pickup of 2016: Jonathan Toews Marks of Distinction /25 2015-16

Hobby goal for 2017: Completing the SPA FWA's 2016-17 set! It'll be a nice challenge and I will be starting with a case of these beauties!!

Someone who made a difference to you this year in the hobby: There is a eBay user who has helped me pick up multiple cards for a great price and another for some amazing trades mailday soon to come with some McDavid gold if everything goes well!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast