Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Orioles

Jameis1of1 - Jameis Winston

Congrats to Holly (Jameis1of1) for qualifying for induction into the Super Collector HOF for her Jameis Winston high-end collection!

The rest of the collection can be seen here : https://sportscardalbum.com/u/jameis1of1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WVcoltsfan; 01-02-2017 at 07:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

HOLY CRAP that is insane congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

HOLY CRAP that is insane congrats!

Thank you ... it's a labor of love ... and an investment in my family's future (hopefully)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you don't mind sharing answers to these questions with the forum:

Here's my TOP TEN questions for the supercollector! Scan would be great too!
    1. What is your #1 favorite card?
    2. What is your favorite parallel or insert (not auto or GU)?
    3. What is your favorite Auto card?
    4. What is your favorite GU card?
    5. What is the best story in regards to obtaining a specific card?
    6. What is your best "steal" for your collection?
    7. What is the most expensive card in your collection...what did it cost you?
    8. What one specific card has eluded you till this day? and why?
    9. What specific card (non base) do you have the most of?
    10. How do you store your collection?

Thanks!

1. What is your #1 favorite card?

The 2015 National Treasures Rookie Patch Autographs Red NFL Shield #107 inscribed “Famous Jameis”. Much of the collecting world knows the insanity I went through to get this card and it is the hardest “chase” I’ve ever had to endure to secure a single card … but it was well worth it as the card is just stunning!

However, I will also say that I sort of look at the above card, as well as my 2015 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Superfractors #200 and my 2015 Contenders Autographed SuperBowl Ticket #217A as just one item as those are Jameis’ undisputed three best and most valuable cards and therefore make up the “Holy Trinity” of Jameis cards. While I know that each of those three cards could be the cornerstone of the three most valuable and amazing Jameis collections on earth, I personally believe those three cards should stay together and I am humbled and thankful to the Lord (as well as the three individuals I acquired the cards from) that I was able to acquire all three.

2. What is your favorite parallel or insert (not auto or GU)?

I do not own a single non autographed card. I have owned nearly (70) separate and distinct true 1/1 Jameis Winston cards, many of which were not autographed but I sold or traded all the non-auto cards in order to acquire more auto’d cards.

3. What is your favorite Auto card?

Actually, my favorite Jameis autographed item isn’t even on a sports card but a custom 11 x 14 photo that I had him sign and inscribe in person. It contains the most unique inscription one will probably ever see from Jameis and I was told by the company who conducted the signing that Jameis’ agent was furious when he saw the inscription and said he won’t allow Jameis to sign such a thing in the future, for fear it will make him look too confident or some such nonsense. However, the inscription is just perfect and it is perhaps my favorite item and certainly my favorite autograph and inscription of all.

4. What is your favorite GU card?

Other than the aforementioned “Famous Jameis” inscribed National Treasures holy grail, I would say my favorite “Game Used” card is my 2015 Immaculate Collection Rookie Premium Patch Autos NFL Shield #1. It is the first true 1/1 NFL shield patch auto’d RC I was able to acquire of Jameis and honestly think the eye-appeal of the card is unrivaled. It’s just a gorgeous card!

5. What is the best story in regards to obtaining a specific card?

That would have to be my maniacal pursuit and possibly miraculous acquisition of the aforementioned National Treasures “Holy Grail” which has been detailed on-line on various sites. The pursuit was a nightmare but the acquisition was a miracle and I am so thrilled and thankful to finally own this card.

6. What is your best "steal" for your collection?

I wouldn’t say any of the extreme high-end cards in my collection could be considered a "steal" as all cost me either a great deal of cash or a massive amount in trade to acquire. However, if I had to pick one it would be my Contenders Super Bowl Ticket “Holy Grail” as I was able to purchase that quickly at a solid price and then to submit it myself and receive the coveted BGS 9.5/10 grade and I believe had I had to purchase it after it received such a grade, it would have cost me much, much more.

7. What is the most expensive card in your collection...what did it cost you?

Each of the cards in the Jameis Winston “Holy Trinity” mentioned above are worth five figures and have the potential to be seven figure cards in the future and each cost me a great deal but were well worth it I believe.

8. What one specific card has eluded you till this day and why?

Once I acquired the National Treasures “Holy Grail” and therefore completed my quest to have the true “Holy Trinity” of Jameis cards, I can honestly say I exhaled and felt I had accomplished what I set out to do, so there is not another card out there that I feel I "must" have, though there are still some cards on my "wish list".

9. What specific card (non base) do you have the most of?

I do not collect anything other than autographed, true 1/1 rookie cards.

10. How do you store your collection?

My collection is stored in a safe inside a bank and is specifically insured through a premier insurance provider. I know crazy things can happen to cards after my dad told me of the Mickey Mantle rookie card he once had, so I am very careful with my collection.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-02-2017 at 03:50 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)
    Country

holy logo sheilds

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah, I love shield auto'd 1/1s!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice collection

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks; it's been a bear to put together but it's been worth it :-)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Very nice cards! I live just north of Tampa so I get to watch them every week even though I'm a Skins fan!
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (44)
    Country
    West Virginia Mountaineers

nice collection!
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), etc.
    and
    Dolphins, Avalanche, St.L Cardinals, & SF Giants

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast