Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mine is probably my 1948 Leaf Bobby Layne RC (Red Pants Version). I doubt I would trade it, since it is part of my NFL HOF RC collection, unless I could do so for one of the 1935 National Chicle's I need. It's not mint, but I was really excited to add it to my HOF PC.

I'd love to see a pic :-)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

Here is the Layne, and also my 1935 National Chicle Cliff Battles RC (trimmed). Neither are mint, but I am low budget, and I like vintage cards that show signs of being "loved". Most of my vintage collection is like that. I don't collect for profit, I collect for the love and history of the hobby, so I am ok with cards in this condition, and I got both of them for really good deals.

20170116_222009.jpg
    Also, sorry for the sideways pic. Had to use my tablet because my scanner is not working.
    Last edited by BBonds25; 01-16-2017 at 11:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Upper Deck ePack

That Yankees 1/1 is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome. nice card

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Sacramento Kings San Francisco Giants
    See rdaveigajr85's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

No Scan but my most valuable card (to me) is a Custom Topps card of my son also signed by my son. Would never trade or sell. "Value" is not always monetary.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here is the Layne, and also my 1935 National Chicle Cliff Battles RC (trimmed). Neither are mint, but I am low budget, and I like vintage cards that show signs of being "loved". Most of my vintage collection is like that. I don't collect for profit, I collect for the love and history of the hobby, so I am ok with cards in this condition, and I got both of them for really good deals.

Also, sorry for the sideways pic. Had to use my tablet because my scanner is not working.

GREAT cards! I'd sort of love to have a big collection of all the all-time greats RC's in PSA "authentic" holders and think such would be really cool. Now and then I'll see a card that would fit that description pop on eBay but I never pull the trigger as I'm OCD and if I buy just one I'll probably have to scour the net for hundreds of others and that might drive me nuts, hahaha

No Scan but my most valuable card (to me) is a Custom Topps card of my son also signed by my son. Would never trade or sell. "Value" is not always monetary.

That's awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

I don't count myself as a collector any more. I haven't bought a single card in nearly 7 years and even then, it was just a few cheap packs for the curiosity factor. Had some fairly major keys back in the late '80s, especially in hockey, but got out of the hobby by the early '90s. Started "collecting" again in '04, but lost interest again after 3 years.

During this brief return to the hobby, I did buy these at what would be a bargain basement price now. I got them primarily because I was an NE fan, but like many, I still wasn't sure whether Brady was better then Bledsoe.

I'm really happy I didn't sell these off when they were going for $300-400.

image.jpeg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't count myself as a collector any more. I haven't bought a single card in nearly 7 years and even then, it was just a few cheap packs for the curiosity factor. Had some fairly major keys back in the late '80s, especially in hockey, but got out of the hobby by the early '90s. Started "collecting" again in '04, but lost interest again after 3 years.

During this brief return to the hobby, I did buy these at what would be a bargain basement price now. I got them primarily because I was an NE fan, but like many, I still wasn't sure whether Brady was better then Bledsoe.

I'm really happy I didn't sell these off when they were going for $300-400.

image.jpeg

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! CONGRATS MAN ... AWESOME COLLECTION AND WORTH A SMALL FORTUNE TO BOOT!!!!!

People think I'm nuts for dropping so much coin into my/our Jameis 1/1 collection but I don't care, I love the kid and hey if he turns into even the next Marino, let alone next Brady we will be able to quadruple our investment at least ... and if he turns into Manning, even more ... and Brady, well, that would be sick :-)

Congrats again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12