Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Looking for advice regarding redemptions from Upper Deck

Hi everyone.

I have two cards in my queue at Upper Deck: A Vladimir Tarasenko FWA and a Matt Nieto FWA.

I will wait forever for the Tarasenko; the Nieto is a different story. He is a decent player, but I have his Titanium and Luxury Suite RCs, so I have decided to ask for a replacement.

I have never done this before, and I know Upper Deck's track record is sketchy at best. They told me to list four or five players or teams and that there was no guarantee that I would get anything of those specific players, but that whatever I receive will be of equal value or higher.

I have four or five players in mind and I am drafting an e-mail now.

Any advice on how I should compose this e-mail? I want to be specific with my wording, so as to convey the proper message.

Thanks,
    Tony

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (39)
    Country

Tagging as I am curious as well, I have a tarasenko FWA and Preimer Prospects /99 both to finish sets, that I'm contemplating replacing but I have heard that the replacements were only from the same year and product, which IMO changes a persons player list emensly.

Also the Nieto probably is "worth" more then the replacement becket would be worth. IE was selling for $100 but becket will be substantially lower.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I trade using BV and sell using sale value. Trading by sale value makes ZERO sense to me. If I did that, I wouldn't have the collection I have. To each their own.

I will ask them if the redemptions come from the same year and set. Thanks for the tip.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I would hold out on the Tarasenko, as you probably already are. Smart move there. When he does get around to signing those, they could be a little SP'd due to the collectors who have already asked for replacements on them. Who knows.

As for your actual replacement request, I would pick a simple layout and use a clear list to tell them what your want.

Example:

1) Player A
    2) Player B
    3) Player C
    4) Player D
    5) Player E

Etc.

I think this way it gets the point across, as it shows maybe which player you'd preferably like, while also listing the others in case they don't have any "Player A" replacements.

All the best with your replacements, Tony! I've heard UD is hit or miss with these replacement requests, so I'm hoping it goes well for you. :)

Let us know how you do!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I would hold out on the Tarasenko, as you probably already are. Smart move there. When he does get around to signing those, they could be a little SP'd due to the collectors who have already asked for replacements on them. Who knows.

As for your actual replacement request, I would pick a simple layout and use a clear list to tell them what your want.

Example:

1) Player A
    2) Player B
    3) Player C
    4) Player D
    5) Player E

Etc.

I think this way it gets the point across, as it shows maybe which player you'd preferably like, while also listing the others in case they don't have any "Player A" replacements.

All the best with your replacements, Tony! I've heard UD is hit or miss with these replacement requests, so I'm hoping it goes well for you. :)

Let us know how you do!

I used your template for my e-mail. I will keep you folks posted for sure!

I will show my results when the replacement package arrives.

Tony

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't make the mistake of naming a player you don't want. The one time I've taken a replacement I did that......

There was a Ranford card in SPGU that wasn't being made (it's about 10 years old now). I waited 3 years before giving up (UD finally said it wouldn't be produced). I asked for Messier or Coffey specifically.... but said I was interested in vintage Oilers but not Ranford or Fuhr if they couldn't do that. The reason I did not want those two players was simple: UD was never going to send me a Ranford I didn't own, and I already had way more Fuhr than I cared to own.... because he's paired with Ranford so much. I was hoping I'd get a card I actually wanted to keep.

I got my package, and I will admit that UD more than compensated me for the card I was missing. Value was about double what my card.

The problem? Two cards they sent me were of Grant Fuhr, and a dual of Fuhr & Ranford.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Don't make the mistake of naming a player you don't want. The one time I've taken a replacement I did that......

There was a Ranford card in SPGU that wasn't being made (it's about 10 years old now). I waited 3 years before giving up (UD finally said it wouldn't be produced). I asked for Messier or Coffey specifically.... but said I was interested in vintage Oilers but not Ranford or Fuhr if they couldn't do that. The reason I did not want those two players was simple: UD was never going to send me a Ranford I didn't own, and I already had way more Fuhr than I cared to own.... because he's paired with Ranford so much. I was hoping I'd get a card I actually wanted to keep.

I got my package, and I will admit that UD more than compensated me for the card I was missing. Value was about double what my card.

The problem? Two cards they sent me were of Grant Fuhr, and a dual of Fuhr & Ranford.

No worries there! I listed five players I liked, and nothing more. I am curious what I will get.

I can't wait!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hopefully they can hit one of those players, or at the very least get you something of equal value in return!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I got this response to my list:

"Hello,
    We went ahead and entered your replacement request for the Nieto card only. Please allow 12-16 weeks for processing and shipping.

Thank You,
    Upper Deck"

The wait begins!

For the record, I listed the following players:

1. Auston Matthews
    2. Mitchell Marner
    3. Sidney Crosby
    4. Patrick Laine
    5. Alexander Ovechkin

They have no "weak cop outs" on that list! If the replacement(s) will be for the year my Nieto was to be issued (2013-14), I would be happy with anything decent of Ovechkin or Crosby
    Last edited by Leafsman; 01-13-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Hopefully you get something nice, even if they go outside of your Top 5.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast