Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Thanks for that ad hominem attack and false and baseless observation.

What "good" has he done, may I ask? Other than the things I outlined above, of course.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's irrelevant that the new President's inauguration speech was lifted from a Batman movie?? It happens all the time? Give me one other example of an important speech being lifted from the villain of an action movie, good sir? I oppose the claim that this is a common occurrence in important public speeches.

I checked out the Bane claim and it's sort of silly, so I stand by original point. ALL speeches given these days could be said to be plagiarized in one way or another from former speeches, be they from politicians or movies, etc.,. If someone has an ax to grind, that person can easily "link" certain words or phrases in any speech to similar words of phrases from a variety of sources such as movies and the like. It's all sort of silly.

Honestly, it saddens me reading the response above. Incredibly dangerous things are happening in the immediate, and the response, for the most part, is "Who cares?"

None of what you mentioned seems in the least bit "dangerous". What has been "dangerous" for the past 15 years in the USA is violent crime, terrorism, the threat of war and the like and Clinton would have continued such and probably even increased it to a level never seen in America before.

I'm sorry but having a President that believes jobs and income is more important than "global warming" does not strike me as more dangerous than having a President that is committed to a quasi-communist form of globalism in a border-less America overseen by China where violence, terrorism and the like would thrive.

The idea that the press has always been dishonest is a dishonest claim.

Nonsense. The American main stream media is little more than a politicized propaganda machine. They have been caught in their lies and in spreading "fake news" many times and it's nothing new.

The current administration under Trump is conducting a very dangerous attack on media misinformation. They've already created this bogus idea of "alternative facts" that allows them to say what they want in the face of the truth and that what they say should be taken as truth over the claims being made by the press is a horribly dangerous, dishonest, Orwellian tactic.

If the Trump admin counters the msm's lies with their own lies, so be it. It would be great if both the administration and the msm were 100% honest but I doubt that will ever happen ... in any country. The msm is funded by people with political agendas, they are not "fair and unbiased" and the administration is obviously political and therefore has their own agenda as well. America is no different from any other country in this day ... one can NOT expect to hear "nothing but the truth" from political administrations or the main stream media as both have massive agendas and to think otherwise is simply naive.

What it leads to is people believing that what Trump says is true and what the media says is false. Incredibly dangerous precedent to set. The gov't can just make things up and claim they as fact and people will believe them over the press... That's 1984 crap right there.

The alternative is believing the press is true and what Trump says is false and as the press is funded by globalist gangsters like Carlos Slim, George Soros, the Saudi government, the Chinese government, etc., that want borderless countries and only care about $$$$ that could be a far, far more dangerous precedent to set.

By the way ... it was Obama and Clinton that broached the idea of creating of sot of "ministry of truthiness" and controlling the media ... talk about Orwellian! Trump on the other hand has been said to be considering inviting MORE press to the white house and even alowing citizen journalists access ... that doesn't sound anything like "1984" to me!

It's not a non-issue that church and state aren't remaining separate, which is one of the key components set out by the Constitution and what was intended by the forefathers. FREEDOM is supposed to be the precedent, not "Christianity reigns supreme".

I said it was a non-issue because I don't believe Trump has ever said one thing that would lead one to believe he wants to make Christianity a "state religion". For goodness sakes the guy met with a Muslim Imam, a Sikh and other religious leaders after his inauguration and had a Jewish Rabi pray at his inauguration! I mean, "come on man", you see like you are just freaking out over nothing. If I was an American, I'd certainly rather have a "Christian" in the white house than some whack job who's campaign leaders are involved in withcraft and all sorts of lunacy like "spirit cooking" ala Clinton.

Creationism in classrooms... you honestly have no problems with that? I don't care if a lot of rural-based people in the Bible belt think it's a good idea, it's a terrible one, an unconstitutional one, and an unscientific one. Science belongs in school, not religion, unless you're sitting in a religious studies class.

You do realize that pretty much ALL the founding fathers of each scientific field believed in a "Creator" right? You do realize that hard core atheism is a rather new belief system right? You do realize that much of evolutionary theory is taken on "blind faith" right? You do realize that if a theory is true it should easily be able to stand up to an alternative view and succeed right? I'm sorry but so called "science" has also been politicized to a great extent and I see absolutely no problem with students being taught two views on the subject as neither can be "proven", just as I would have no problem with students being taught alternative views on various historical events as there are always two sides to every story and the "party line" is not always the correct one.

There are no top scientists arguing against climate change. Climate change is real. Climate change has been scientifically proven to be a real thing. Those who deny it are doing so on behalf of oil companies who stand to lose a lot of money. The scientists backing these false claims are doing so based on untrue scientific claims. There is no debate here. You either accept the truth, or you deny the truth. Science isn't an opinion. This issue isn't open for debate anymore. Other than the USA, the only other countries who haven't signed 1997's Kyoto Protocol are Afghanistan and Sudan. The oil companies want your money. That's all climate change denial is. It's bogus.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong and even cursory research into the issue will confirm this. Here is just one video you could watch by renowned Nobel Laureate Ivar Giaever:

The actual "truth" is that this is a hotly contested issue with two sides, both of which have some decent points. The $$$ also flows both ways as there is a great deal of $$$ in the global warming is fact side just as there is for the other side and I'm sure you know this.

Scrapping "Obamacare" seems attractive simply because Obama's name is attached to it and diehard Republicans have blindly vilified the man. The reality is that the health care provided by Obamacare did make healthcare more accessible to more people. Getting rid of it will not benefit the people, who will have to pay more, if they are even given health care insurance at all. People's health will suffer so that rich people can make more money off of your suffering. That's Trump's health care. The joke is that those who need that healthcare won't realize it's been taken away from them until they make a claim. Several cartoons and satirical memes have already been created and circulated around the net to reflect this ignorance.

Listen, I tend to agree with you on this issue, but again, I am Canadian as you are and we have been spoiled with free healthcare. America has never been like Canada and Trump doesn't want it to become like Canada and apparently neither did most of the states and voting districts in America. I do believe Obama was trying to move towards a Canadian-eque system of healthcare which I do think would be wonderful for Americans, but it's not as if Trump is ruing some long-held tradition, rather he's reversing an 8 year experiment and returning America to it's "norm" regarding healthcare. That said, I feel this is sort of a non-issue to many Americans.

Obama wasn't in bed with the 1%ers the same way that Trump has shown he will be.

You have got to be kidding me! That I can never agree with. Obama, just like Clinton was absolutely bought and paid for and basically little more than a puppet for the Globalist elite.

Comparing Trump to what Obama did as if they are equal is also totally false.

How so?

The perceptions of Hillary are also false.

I don't believe that, not one bit.

Trump is the President. His actions matter for the next four years. He isn't looking out for the little guy, he's all lip service.

The early days of Trump have proven beyond any doubt that such is not true. He may be a lot of negative things, but being "all lip service" isn't one of them. The man is obviously a man of action and the incredible investments and jobs he has already brought back to the country is proof positive. Obama basically laughed when asked about Trump and jobs and said it was impossible to bring jobs back to America and that Trump didn't have a magic wand ... and yet ... Trump has already brought more investment and jobs too America in a few days than Obama did in 8 years. That's pretty incredible honestly. However, that's what happens in a leader puts the citizens of his own country ahead of the citizens of other leader's countries which is what Obama was doing and what Clinton wanted to do. They were puppets for Globalism whereas Trump is a populist, America-first hard-liner. Will Trump be a "great" President? Who knows. However, I do know many Americans are excited and hopeful and I certainly hope it will work out for them as honestly America has been declining rapidly over the past 2+ decades and was becoming a laughing stock around the world.

His polices, and as I pointed above, the people he has elected to be his Secretaries, are 1%ers looking to expand on their wealth at your expense. Do you know what typically happens, historically speaking, when the divide between the rich and powerful and the poor and powerless becomes too great to bear? Revolutions happen. Revolutions don't happen if the people are content. This is where and why Bernie Sanders was the true champion of change for the people, not Trump.

I liked Bernie, but America wasn't ready for someone that radical. Bernie would go over well with us Canadians but not with Americans, at least not Americans older than 25 years of age. America may one day become like Canada but I doubt it will happen as fast as the Globalists want it too and Trump is proof of that.

As for revolutions ... you are right that they happen when the populace is not content ... however you need to realize that Americans, for the most part are NEVER content. The "left" claimed that if Hillary won the election the right would whine it was rigged and try to overthrow her and even resort to violence ... and yet that is exactly what the left has done now that Trump won. America as a nation is fiercely proud, combative and always ready for a fight, period.

The Globalist Elite (the real problem, much more so than rich American 1%ers) want a borderless America controlled by them and some 20 somethings in America have been deceived into thinking such would be a liberal paradise and so there is a great deal of angst right now over Trump's election ... but you better believe that had Hillary won there would be a massive problem as well as there are a huge number of Americans who are sick of globalism and want a strong, prosperous and safe America, no matter the cost to the rest of the world.

Obama and Hillary were not trying to hand the USA over to Chinese control,

That is nonsense ... do some research. Both were bought and paid for and China is the true superpower in the world now, not the USA.

and comparing them to Trump creates the logical fallacy known as a False Equivalence.

I don't compare them to Trump ... I think Clinton was far, far, far, far worse than Trump in just about every way.

The people of the USA aren't being asked to step aside for immigrants and refugees, and never have been.

That's not how millions in the USA view it and the massive loss of jobs and the massive increase in crime is what they would point to as their proof. Again, the USA is not Canada. The stuff that seems to work here in Canada just doesn't work in the USA and that doesn't have to be a bad thing. No one is rioting over Japan not allowing Muslims into their country and perhaps being the safest place in the world. Each country is different and should be allowed to be distinct. The Globalists want a "one world" order of things and that just isn't happening ...

Helping people in need doesn't mean you have to take one for the team, or that another opportunity was lost.

I agree ... but many Americans would disagree, especially as they have some "proofs" to point to.

Your views on Globalism are certainly shared by those in the UK who voted in support of Brexit... it's a racist, intolerant view that leads to poor economics (look what's happened to the British Pound's worth since that Brexit vote) and even worse social attitudes.

Don't misunderstand "my views" with me playing the devil's advocate and trying to see both sides. I consider Canada the greatest country in the world and love it and think America would be better off in many respects if it was more like Canada ... BUT ... who am I to impose what works for me on another country's citizenry that obviously wants to do things a different way?

I simply believe ALL countries and peoples should be allowed to be free and to have their own cultures and beliefs and "Globalism" is diametrically opposed to such ... it is a system that is all about money that simply has a false form of love/tolerance around it that in reality is extremely intolerant.

My 1.5 million people comment was a sarcastic dig at the lie the Trump administration told after the inauguration about how many people showed up because it was obvious that only a fraction of the people who showed up for Obama's inauguration showed up for Trump's, and his ego couldn't handle it... and then you got to see first hand how his Press Secretary has no respect for the truth and facts and gave us a big lie based on "alternative facts" about the attendance. It was the start of "we will make things up and you will believe it", just as I mentioned above.

Like I said above, both the administration AND the main stream media are agenda-driven and neither has been 100% honest ... ever ... but it has gotten much much worse over the past 20+ years.

Numbers apparently don't mean anything, you're right. Trump won the Presidency with fewer votes received than Hillary, and they can make made-up claims like the 1.5 million attendees claim and not have to answer to the falseness of that claim. Numbers apparently mean nothing, at least when we're dealing with the truth and this Trump adimistration.

Like I said ... ALL administrations AND the msm have ALWAYS lied to support their agendas. I believe Trump is just sick of being lied about by the msm for the past year and if he has to have his team put out some "alternative facts" he feels justified in doing so. Do I agree with it? No. However, I know full well that ALL Presidents have ALWAYS put out such "alternative facts" whenever they felt the ends justified the means and the media has done the same. Wise people do their own research rather than just "trust" anyone ... if people aren't wise enough to that, that's on them.

Now ... here are some numbers that I do know.

There are 3,113 counties in the USA

Trump won 2,626 of them

What does that mean? It means that while Clinton may have won the popular vote (and I say "may" as there does seem to be a lot of proof that a great number of votes were rigged for HRC) Trump unequivocally won 84.4% of the counties in America ... that is absolutely astounding! This was truly an election of the will of the coastal liberal and elites vs the rest of America ... and the rest of America won ... in a land-slide.

For all of the insensitive, rude things Trump has said and done, that's not why those of us who are opposed to him are opposed to him... it's because of things like what I've described above. Those things aren't open to debate, so much as you want to try and debate them with me.

Nonsense, on both accounts. Nearly all the issues you mentioned are debatable AND the vast majority of people that are against Trump are against him simply because they have been whipped into a frenzy by the main stream media over copious amounts of "fake news" and are now acting like psychotic, hypocritical and violent loonies.

I mean, the hypocrisy and idiocy is just incredible. They call Trump a "Nazi" when his daughter converted to Judaism, he had a Rabbi pray at his inauguration and he is dedicated to defending Israel perhaps moreso than any past President while Clinton was funded by a George Soros, a literal Jew-hating monster! They also run around claiming Trump is evil because he doesn't condemn Putin and Russia while at the same time wearing communist logos on their clothing and calling each other Comrade ... and having no problem with China who is the biggest state sponsor of Communism on the planet! They also rant and rave that Trump is a homophobe and misogynist while supporting Clinton was was massively funded by Saudi Arabia, a country where it is legal to murder homosexuals and treat women like dogs. The whole thing is just absurd and it's like everyone has just lost the ability to reason and think logically these days.

Hold Trump to the same standards as you would any other President.

I do and will continue to do so.

It shouldn't matter whether the president flies a red or a blue flag, he/she should be working for the betterment of their people. The man in the Oval Office right now talks a big game, but the things he does paint a very scary picture, and that is the origin of my original post. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. What this man says means nothing. What he has done is frightening when you think about where it will lead, or what has happened in only a few days already. Hey, I haven't even mentioned the "edits" done to the White House's official website only hours after the inauguration. Not a good precedence going forward in the slightest.

You're speaking of things you are scared "might" happen rather than judging him on what he has already done, such as bring a massive amount of investment and jobs back into the country and those are the things Americans actually care about.

Well, that was a long reply but I had fun typing it ... who knew ssportscardforum would turn into meetthepress, hahaha

Have a great day my fellow Canadian!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I disagree with several of your points, but at this point, I'd rather just shake hands, respect that we disagree, and respect that at least our responses were thought-out and not impulsive and angry. I'm not sure I have the energy for another lengthy response, admittedly. I guess time will tell who was right. I'm sure we're both at least hoping for positive results.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Well done both of you, all I am hoping is that he is successful and that in due time both parties can get along.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I disagree with several of your points, but at this point, I'd rather just shake hands, respect that we disagree, and respect that at least our responses were thought-out and not impulsive and angry. I'm not sure I have the energy for another lengthy response, admittedly. I guess time will tell who was right. I'm sure we're both at least hoping for positive results.

Well put and I agree 100%

Well done both of you, all I am hoping is that he is successful and that in due time both parties can get along.

That would be wonderful even if the latter is unlikely ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For my other Canadian ravens_creed ... below is a very enlightening video about Trump's so-called "Muslim ban" and why it could be the best thing for ALL nations ... and the video was done by a Canadian graduate of the renowned McGill university!

Below is another interesting video detailing the downfall of Sweden (I am Swedish, hence my interest in the subject matter) in relation to their unwise immigration policies ... something Canadians would probably do well to pay attention to:

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 02-04-2017 at 07:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scorpio111boy's Items on eBay

Not arguing for welcoming or banning. But that whole Safezones idea sounds like a great one. However, I would not trust the implementation of that in Syria, seeing as the government waged war on it's own people, destroying entire cities, and displacing those refugees to begin with. Repercussions of war, not easy for anyone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not arguing for welcoming or banning. But that whole Safezones idea sounds like a great one. However, I would not trust the implementation of that in Syria, seeing as the government waged war on it's own people, destroying entire cities, and displacing those refugees to begin with. Repercussions of war, not easy for anyone.

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE and Jordan all have stable economies and plenty of "space" to house refugees. It just makes no sense at all for America or any Westernized nation to bring refugees in when they could literally fund 11x as many refugees relocating to another country that already has their same culture and weather and maybe even language.

The whole mass immigration thing iis just absurd and makes no sense at all ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE and Jordan all have stable economies and plenty of "space" to house refugees. It just makes no sense at all for America or any Westernized nation to bring refugees in when they could literally fund 11x as many refugees relocating to another country that already has their same culture and weather and maybe even language.

They were already asked to house the "refugees" and they all turned them down because they couldn't be properly vetted so they didn't want potential terrorists into their country. Those countries actually care about stopping ISIS from coming through their borders into their country unlike some people who live in America.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They were already asked to house the "refugees" and they all turned them down because they couldn't be properly vetted so they didn't want potential terrorists into their country. Those countries actually care about stopping ISIS from coming through their borders into their country unlike some people who live in America.

I agree with you 100% ... it shocks me and I find it utterly insane that any "American" citizen could be against Trump's "America first" policy ... I just find it unbelievably insane.

And, the left's fascination with Islam is also incredibly strange. They trumpet women's rights and the rights of LGBT people while at the same time trying to bring in a massive amount of people that come from countries where such are stoned, thrown off roofs and treated like dogs. The hypocrisy is incredible.

On top of the above, you've got 9-11 and various other terror attacks perpetrated by Muslims and yet the left wants to bring more and more in, even if they are unvetted. I mean, it'd be like Israel all of the sudden trying to import as many Neo-Nazis as they can or South Korea trying to import as many North Koreans as they can ... it just makes no sense at all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast