Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Trump?

What do very body thing about what going on with trump befor fri.???????

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I heard from someone that he's #45 and it's now official

SCF Rewards
    Country

yes he is

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Honestly ... it was the best inauguration speech I've ever heard ... and I didn't even vote for him ... I find it amazing that any "American" can take issue with an American President wanting to put his citizenry's prosperity, safety and security ahead of the needs of other countries citizens, who you know, have their own Presidents/PM's/etc. I mean, I'd just think it would be obvious to every "American" that an American President should put the needs of America ahead of the needs of global leaders and their countries, but, maybe I'm just brainwashed by Putin and should have the common sense to let the main stream media think for me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-22-2017 at 12:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Part of that speech was lifted from a speech Bane makes in the The Dark Knight Rises movie...

Also, if you believe that actions speak louder than words, then the American citizenry's prosperity, safety and security have very much been compromised by the people Trump has thus far elected as his Secretaries. These people represent a movement that represent not having to be honest with the press, that seeks to bind church and state together, that believes creationism belongs in classrooms, that denies climate change and other scientifically-relevant (and very much real) issues, that will make health care harder and more expensive to acquire, that will make the rich richer and more powerful... and I'm not exaggerating here. This is the reality of Trump's America.

At least 1.5 million people disagree with me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Part of that speech was lifted from a speech Bane makes in the The Dark Knight Rises movie...

If true ... cool! Of course, pretty much every speech ever given by anyone has "lifted" phrases so it's pretty irrelevant.

Also, if you believe that actions speak louder than words, then the American citizenry's prosperity, safety and security have very much been compromised by the people Trump has thus far elected as his Secretaries.

Such as?

These people represent a movement that represent not having to be honest with the press,

No administration has ever been 100% honest with the press and the main stream media itself is dishonest all the time as well, so ... who cares.

that seeks to bind church and state together,

That's a non-issue

that believes creationism belongs in classrooms,

The majority of states would probably agree, so ... so what.

that denies climate change and other scientifically-relevant (and very much real) issues,

There are top scientists that also deny such ... it's a debatable issue no matter which side one leans towards

that will make health care harder and more expensive to acquire,

I don't think the above is correct but don't know enough to argue with you on this topic ... I have free healthcare in Canada so I'm spoiled.

that will make the rich richer and more powerful... and I'm not exaggerating here.

So what ... so did Obama and Hilary was looking far, far worse than Obama ... she was flat-out bought and paid for by the elite! Regardless, the rich will always "get richer" ... do you know how easy it is to increase wealth when you already have a great deal of wealth to build from?

This is the reality of Trump's America.

You may be right ... and yet that would still be better than a quasi-communist form of globalism overseen by China which is what Obama and later Hilary were gunning for ...

At least 1.5 million people disagree with me.

Numbers mean nothing ...

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

I heard from someone that he's #45 and it's now official

That's crazy! I heard the same exact thing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's irrelevant that the new President's inauguration speech was lifted from a Batman movie?? It happens all the time? Give me one other example of an important speech being lifted from the villain of an action movie, good sir? I oppose the claim that this is a common occurrence in important public speeches.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 01-25-2017 at 01:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly, it saddens me reading the response above. Incredibly dangerous things are happening in the immediate, and the response, for the most part, is "Who cares?"

- The idea that the press has always been dishonest is a dishonest claim. The current administration under Trump is conducting a very dangerous attack on media misinformation. They've already created this bogus idea of "alternative facts" that allows them to say what they want in the face of the truth and that what they say should be taken as truth over the claims being made by the press is a horribly dangerous, dishonest, Orwellian tactic. What it leads to is people believing that what Trump says is true and what the media says is false. Incredibly dangerous precedent to set. The gov't can just make things up and claim they as fact and people will believe them over the press... That's 1984 crap right there.

- It's not a non-issue that church and state aren't remaining separate, which is one of the key components set out by the Constitution and what was intended by the forefathers. FREEDOM is supposed to be the precedent, not "Christianity reigns supreme". Creationism in classrooms... you honestly have no problems with that? I don't care if a lot of rural-based people in the Bible belt think it's a good idea, it's a terrible one, an unconstitutional one, and an unscientific one. Science belongs in school, not religion, unless you're sitting in a religious studies class.

- There are no top scientists arguing against climate change. Climate change is real. Climate change has been scientifically proven to be a real thing. Those who deny it are doing so on behalf of oil companies who stand to lose a lot of money. The scientists backing these false claims are doing so based on untrue scientific claims. There is no debate here. You either accept the truth, or you deny the truth. Science isn't an opinion. This issue isn't open for debate anymore. Other than the USA, the only other countries who haven't signed 1997's Kyoto Protocol are Afghanistan and Sudan. The oil companies want your money. That's all climate change denial is. It's bogus.

- Scrapping "Obamacare" seems attractive simply because Obama's name is attached to it and diehard Republicans have blindly vilified the man. The reality is that the health care provided by Obamacare did make healthcare more accessible to more people. Getting rid of it will not benefit the people, who will have to pay more, if they are even given health care insurance at all. People's health will suffer so that rich people can make more money off of your suffering. That's Trump's health care. The joke is that those who need that healthcare won't realize it's been taken away from them until they make a claim. Several cartoons and satirical memes have already been created and circulated around the net to reflect this ignorance.

- Obama wasn't in bed with the 1%ers the same way that Trump has shown he will be. Comparing Trump to what Obama did as if they are equal is also totally false. The perceptions of Hillary are also false. Trump is the President. His actions matter for the next four years. He isn't looking out for the little guy, he's all lip service. His polices, and as I pointed above, the people he has elected to be his Secretaries, are 1%ers looking to expand on their wealth at your expense. Do you know what typically happens, historically speaking, when the divide between the rich and powerful and the poor and powerless becomes too great to bear? Revolutions happen. Revolutions don't happen if the people are content. This is where and why Bernie Sanders was the true champion of change for the people, not Trump.

- Obama and Hillary were not trying to hand the USA over to Chinese control, and comparing them to Trump creates the logical fallacy known as a False Equivalence. The people of the USA aren't being asked to step aside for immigrants and refugees, and never have been. Helping people in need doesn't mean you have to take one for the team, or that another opportunity was lost. Your views on Globalism are certainly shared by those in the UK who voted in support of Brexit... it's a racist, intolerant view that leads to poor economics (look what's happened to the British Pound's worth since that Brexit vote) and even worse social attitudes.

- My 1.5 million people comment was a sarcastic dig at the lie the Trump administration told after the inauguration about how many people showed up because it was obvious that only a fraction of the people who showed up for Obama's inauguration showed up for Trump's, and his ego couldn't handle it... and then you got to see first hand how his Press Secretary has no respect for the truth and facts and gave us a big lie based on "alternative facts" about the attendance. It was the start of "we will make things up and you will believe it", just as I mentioned above.

- Numbers apparently don't mean anything, you're right. Trump won the Presidency with fewer votes received than Hillary, and they can make made-up claims like the 1.5 million attendees claim and not have to answer to the falseness of that claim. Numbers apparently mean nothing, at least when we're dealing with the truth and this Trump adimistration.

For all of the insensitive, rude things Trump has said and done, that's not why those of us who are opposed to him are opposed to him... it's because of things like what I've described above. Those things aren't open to debate, so much as you want to try and debate them with me. Hold Trump to the same standards as you would any other President. It shouldn't matter whether the president flies a red or a blue flag, he/she should be working for the betterment of their people. The man in the Oval Office right now talks a big game, but the things he does paint a very scary picture, and that is the origin of my original post. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. What this man says means nothing. What he has done is frightening when you think about where it will lead, or what has happened in only a few days already. Hey, I haven't even mentioned the "edits" done to the White House's official website only hours after the inauguration. Not a good precedence going forward in the slightest.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 01-25-2017 at 02:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Oh lord the Canadian got loose again, go drink some syrup or play with your moose.

Trump has done more good in the short week he has been in office than Obama ever dreamed he could.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast