Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Has You Excited?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What Has You Excited?

There's some cool stuff on the horizon for collectors. Fans of the old ITG have the Blue & White Centennial set, UD has a lot of new releases on the go, and Leaf is making some pretty nice vintage stuff these days. Something for everybody!

So that said, what has you pumped? What's a release or a set or a certain card that you can't wait to jump after?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For me, it's the SP Game Used Winter Classic cards that are coming out! Last year was a disaster for the Habs of course but that game was a shining light in the darkness. Gallagher's return and a big win! Plus the opportunity for all sorts of unique memorabilia cards!

For the first time in quite a while I'll actually be chasing down many cards from a particular subset, and there's a few gems here:

Pucks
    WCGUP-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens
    WCGUP-MC Mike Condon - Montreal Canadiens
    WCGUP-MP Max Pacioretty - Montreal Canadiens

Net Cord
    WCNC-AG Alex Galchenyuk - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-AM Andrei Markov - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-DD David Desharnais - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-LE Lars Eller - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-MC Mike Condon - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-MP Max Pacioretty - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-NB Nathan Beaulieu - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-PB Paul Byron - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-PS P.K. Subban - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-TP Tomas Plekanec - Montreal Canadiens

Banner Year
    BWC-AG Alex Galchenyuk - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-AM Andrei Markov - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens SP
    BWC-MC Mike Condon - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-MP Max Pacioretty - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-PS P.K. Subban - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-TP Tomas Plekanec - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-AG Alex Galchenyuk - Montreal Canadiens B 1:528 (Auto)
    BWC-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens B 1:528 (Auto)

What I really like too is that I know UD is going to be using this image too for some of the Gallagher cards:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Similar to above, I'm looking forward to chasing the Avalanche Stadium Series goods that will be inserted into SP Game Used. Given that I attended the game, I'm going to try and load up on that stuff.

So if anyone hits Avalanche Stadium Series Net Cords or Pucks, please let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Similar to above, I'm looking forward to chasing the Avalanche Stadium Series goods that will be inserted into SP Game Used. Given that I attended the game, I'm going to try and load up on that stuff.

So if anyone hits Avalanche Stadium Series Net Cords or Pucks, please let me know.

Same, I'll be after the MacKinnon stuff.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I'm excited for the Blue and White Centennial set! Although I won't be breaking any, just seeing the results of others peoples breaks / possibly picking up a single or two will be very fun!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is it sad so say that nothing hockey related has peaked my interest ...... =S

Was at the monthly show this weekend, looking over all the wax I could buy ...... when I was easily persuaded by one of my buddies to break Pokemon instead. They apparently released a 20th Anniversary set which is right when I started collecting Pokemon.

I am much more excited to complete that set than any other hockey coming out ...... < --- a little worried

PS - the cards and artwork look amazing now ( coming from a 1st Gen only guy ). Every single pack was fun and exciting and most notably .... did not kill the wallet. I know theres no price you can put on reminiscing ..... but I dont remember the last time i was so pumped to pull a >$1.00 card, a reverse holo Charmander reprint from the original 1999 set. I also dont remember someone every offering me over ebay value for a card I pulled that they needed for their set, which also happened with Pokemon.
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 01-18-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'm hoping to grab a Byron Net Cord the most. Will be nice to add a cool Byron card to the PC.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I'm an SP Authentic guy. I collect BGS 9.5 SP Authentic rookies of all the key players that have one.

I am a Leafs fan, which normally is a good thing because most of Toronto's rookies are usually quite affordable. Not this year! Soshnikov, Leipsic, Matthews, Brown, Marner, and Nylander...I am excited but my wallet is hyperventilating LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

Is it sad so say that nothing hockey related has peaked my interest ...... =S

Was at the monthly show this weekend, looking over all the wax I could buy ...... when I was easily persuaded by one of my buddies to break Pokemon instead. They apparently released a 20th Anniversary set which is right when I started collecting Pokemon.

I am much more excited to complete that set than any other hockey coming out ...... < --- a little worried

PS - the cards and artwork look amazing now ( coming from a 1st Gen only guy ). Every single pack was fun and exciting and most notably .... did not kill the wallet. I know theres no price you can put on reminiscing ..... but I dont remember the last time i was so pumped to pull a >$1.00 card, a reverse holo Charmander reprint from the original 1999 set. I also dont remember someone ever offering me over ebay value for a card I pulled that they needed for their set, which also happened with Pokemon.

You know it's a reality check when this is so true that you have a way better chance of recouping if not bettering your ROI on a box of Pokemon over Hockey, or any other sport for that matter. Except Upper Deck CFL Football. It's been a winner for me.

Otherwise what am I pumped for..... Next years Timmy Ho's! and that's about it...
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know it's a reality check when this is so true that you have a way better chance of recouping if not bettering your ROI on a box of Pokemon over Hockey, or any other sport for that matter. Except Upper Deck CFL Football. It's been a winner for me.

Otherwise what am I pumped for..... Next years Timmy Ho's! and that's about it...

I was basically guaranteed 60% ROI when I bought my Pokemon cards. No UD box can guarantee me that.

It was much more affordable pack wise as well. I purchase eight $5 packs, and 3 "high end" packs which costs $10.00 a piece. On the flip side .... $5 UD packs will most likely give me nothing, and $10 SPA packs will also most likely give me nothing
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 01-18-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast