Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hobby News and a Tip

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great read, Karine. Another thing that seems to be more common these days (at least on eBay) is grossly over-charging for shipping and not actually delivering with the stated method of shipping. Guys will charge $13-$15 and claim "tracked shipping" but then the package arrives with a $1.80 stamp. They claim it's to "make up for fees and lower bids on the card" which is absolutely not allowed.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Great read, Karine. Another thing that seems to be more common these days (at least on eBay) is grossly over-charging for shipping and not actually delivering with the stated method of shipping. Guys will charge $13-$15 and claim "tracked shipping" but then the package arrives with a $1.80 stamp. They claim it's to "make up for fees and lower bids on the card" which is absolutely not allowed.

Yup, that's another pet peeve of mine but at least then the card is not risking damage...I used to charge 3$ on eBay for shipping including all that was listed about and people were giving me 2 stars for shipping charges...unreal...people are hard to please lol

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Which I don't mind, but I'm presently dealing with a scenario where I'm pretty sure the guy is trying to get out of a sale and induce me to file a claim because he's mad with how low an auction went. Bought card 1/6, shipping was $13 so I'm expecting a tracking number & a fast delivery. Messaged him last Thursday (12th) asking for status & tracking number, he responds saying it was delayed and will go out tomorrow (ie 13th), I followed up Monday (16th) and he says "it's been sent" but doesn't give me a tracking number. He's in Alberta, so if that thing had tracking on it it would have arrived by Wednesday/Thursday at the latest. So there's a very strong possibility of a few stars getting dinged here, at minimum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Upper Deck ePack

For Ebay I ONLY ship Free Shipping. If an item isn't worth enough for that then I don't sell it. I got sick and tired of charging below cost for shipping and then still getting low ratings for shipping charge being too high. At least this way a 5 star rating is guaranteed for shipping charges.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | T.J. Oshie Patch Archive

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Great article Karine!

For shipping, I use a penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag. Card are always shipped in bubble envelopes. Personally, I don't care if scotch tape is used. I use it myself as I have a stock of scotch tape and am not going to throw it away because people (more recently) want painters tape. My logic is that I'm paying or trading for the card and that the card needs to arrive safely. When I buy a card I am not paying for brand new supplies. With that said, when I use scotch tape, I fold both ends so that it makes it easier for the other person to peal off. I also have no problem if people re-use a top loader when shipping to me provided it isn't yellow and beaten like an old baseball mitt. Some scratches and tape residue are fine by me as long as the card arrives safely and was packaged well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

when i ship its penny sleeve and top loader no tape or team bag

i will start using tape but may I ask what is a team bag?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll say this on the painters tape topic....

If I buy a card off of you, and I'm paying $2 or $3 to ship it to me - I expect the card to get to me safely, and in good condition. You don't need to worry about how I display it (and this is true when I send stuff out too).

I keep a supply of clean top loaders & one touches @ home.... a lot of the stuff I receive goes into binders anyway. Scotch tape (or anything of the sort) doesn't bother me, if the top loader has tape residue on it, I just put it into my pile of top loaders for shipping... and use a clean one if that's how I want to store it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

when i ship its penny sleeve and top loader no tape or team bag

i will start using tape but may I ask what is a team bag?

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-UPS.../dp/B00BE7RO2A

They're little baggys that will nicely fit around a top loader.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Green Bay Packers

Agreed! I completed a trade recently on SCF... received a used bubble mailer (the side was all taped up, luckily the card didn't come through there) and the YG was packed in a snap container, no tape holding it together... the card was opened inside and was floating around... I think its good to establish some type of standard unless of course someone stated before if it is agreed to be sent in a PWE... never left feedback for that transaction... still gets me going...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12