Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Card that Topps does not acknowledge.

In the 2008/2009 Topps Murad Basketball product they have a silk parallel set #d/25.
    There are 250 cards in the base Topps Murad set, but in that silk parallel set there are only 249 that Topps acknowledges.
    However, there are really 250 cards in the silk parallel set.
    The silk card that they do not acknowledge is Joey Dorsey, but the silk card (at least some of them) was released in the product.
    There is no Joey Dorsey in the base set. There are two Darrell Arthur cards in the base set but only one Darrell Arthur in the silk parallel set. Thus giving us the 250 cards in base set & the acknowledged 249 in the silk set.
    It seems like the silks were produced before the base were made. For example, the base card of Alan Iverson is for the Pistons, yet in the silk he is in for the Nuggets.
    So, I assume that Joey Dorsey was originally planned for base set as well but was scratched at the last second & some of his silk cards got released.

I was just wondering how rare something happening like this is?
    And when this has happened in the past if anyone knows?

I know it is only Joey Dorsey but it seems like it would be pretty decent card value wise. But I don't know.

Thanks for any info & help

Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Wow, interesting story! Occasionally, mess-ups like that do happen in the hobby. I can think of a reverse example: in the 1999-00 SkyBox APEX base set, Beckett and others insist there was a Vernon Maxwell card in the set. However, it was never actually produced. I went around for awhile wondering why I could never find that card on sites like Sportlots until some collectors finally informed me that the card never was actually made.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very interesting. To answer your question I don't know of any other cases in basketball of this happening but I did create a thread on the baseball side of unreleased and unrecognized baseball cards. While I wouldn't say it is a common occurrence I think the thread has almost 50 cards cataloged in it so far.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the replies...