Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

"Manny" Say He Was A "Wild" "Star" who "Bear"ed It All in His Fine Career!

Likeusual, don't forget to "Like" Bruce C. Goaltending Museumon Facebook to show your continued support for this museum project aswell as to get the latest news of what's going on with the museum collection!

Bornon August 27, 1974 in Etobicoke, Ontario, this goalie was an extreme standouttalent of the Laval Titan of the QMJHL, posting great numbers in each of hisseasons with them and getting them into the fight for the Memorial Cup in both 1993and 1994. This goalie's name? Emmanuel Fernandez, or more commonly: "Manny".Fernandez was drafted 52nd by the Quebec Nordiques in the 1992 NHL Draft.Having never played for Quebec as he finished his junior career, his rightswere traded to the Dallas Stars in 1994. In 1994-95, Fernandez transitioned to thepro game and appeared in 46 games for the Kalamazoo Wings of the IHL. However,he got his opportunity on April 1, 1995 when he was given the start in goalagainst the Detroit Red Wings. Though he stopped 24 of 27 shots, the Stars fell3-2 on that day. The following season, he again spent the majority of the yearin the IHL, getting five additional opportunities with the Stars, recording nowins, and relatively poor numbers. He got no additional chances in 1996-97 andgot into two more games in 1997-98, recording his first career win in the processagainst the Phoenix Coyotes. He also appeared in one playoff game for a minuteand a half in relief of Ed Belfour. In 1998-99 he established himself as anunreal talent in the IHL and he earned himself the full-time back-up role inDallas by 1999-00. That season, he appeared in 24 games and recorded 11 wins togo along with a fine 0.920% save average, as well as a sparkling 2.13GAA. Afterso many years belonging to the franchise, he was traded to the Minnesota Wildfor the 2000-01 season. There, he established himself as a legitimate leaguestarter, appearing in 260 games with the club over six seasons, and going asfar as the conference finals in the 2003 NHL playoffs. After the 2006-07 seasonand the great play of both Nicklas Backstrom and the rising Josh Harding, hewas deemed expendable by the Wild and he was traded to the Boston Bruins. Inhis first season, he appeared in only four games with the team, mostly due toinjuries, partly due to weak numbers compared to his usual standard. Thefollowing season, he was the full-time back-up to Tim Thomas once more and heappeared in 28 games, recording 16 wins, a 2.59GAA, and a 0.910% save average.This solid play combined with Tim Thomas' earned them the William M. JenningsTrophy. After the season concluded, he remained unsigned as a free agent andsilently retired from the league shortly thereafter.

Inhis NHL career, Manny Fernandez appeared in 325 games, recording a143-123-24-11 record with 15 shutouts, six assists, a 2.50GAA, and a 0.912%save average. In 11 playoff games, he recorded a 3-4 record with a 2.00GAA anda 0.927% save average.

Thepiece you are looking at right now is a 2008-09 Boston Bruins Road Set 2sweater worn by Manny Fernandez in his final NHL season. Wearing this, heplayed in five games, backed up in 11 additional games, and he also played inhis final NHL game while wearing this! Wear is quite nice for the modernstandard, featuring puck marks galore!

Acquiredfrom: Mike Hogan of Ice Violence, with Meigray paperwork

Datesof Game Use:

Feb.14, 2009 v Predators (29-31, 3-2SOL)
    Feb.22, 2009 v Lightning (14-18, 4-3L)
    Mar.8, 2009 v Rangers (26-30, 4-3L)
    Mar.28, 2009 v Maple Leafs (33-38, 7-5W)
    Apr.11, 2009 v Sabres (28-34, 6-1L)

Photomatched:YES

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That's so cool! I really liked him when he was in Minnesota.

And nice to get his final NHL game jersey in your collection. That must be a first !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

You'd be surprised. For Fernandez, this is a first piece for me, however, I currently own 29 final NHL game worn pieces (of all types) of various goalies.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

You'd be surprised. For Fernandez, this is a first piece for me, however, I currently own 29 final NHL game worn pieces (of all types) of various goalies.

Now that's just insane. Szuper impressive ! !