Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Paul- Thanks for taking this on. You have big shoes to fill as @andrewhoya did a great job running this contest.

Are there any changes we should be aware of?

None that I can foresee right now, unless there are any requests? The only difference that I can think of is that Andrew and I might have slightly different interests as far as the sports go. That won't necessarily be reflected in the trivia I propose, or maybe it will be. I'm most knowledgeable about hockey and baseball. I'm knowledgeable about football and basketball, but to a lesser extent. I'm big into sports in general, so my knowledge is certainly not lacking, but I might be able to ask a more nuanced question about hockey, where as Andrew might have been more capable in asking more specific, nuanced questions about football or basketball. HOWEVER, the trivia is largely based on what sports are going on at any one given time, as well as a variety across sports, levels of difficulty, team vs. player based questions, and I look to continue that trend, so regardless as to where your strengths and weaknesses are, there should be questions you'll find easier and others you'll find more difficult. I can't see how that's any different than the experience Andrew provided. I'd even be willing to expand this to include more than the "Big Four" sports as well if the timing was right and the questions seemed appropriate. I have no issues diving into tennis, or wrestling (both of which I know very well, plus Wrestlemania is coming up), or golf or racing, or MMA.... March Madness is coming up soon... I'm the kind of person who loves a good buffet and wants to try everything, because my interests are so widespread. I'd like to channel that inner variety in the questions I pose on a daily basis.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Thanks Andrew, for running the old one. Thanks Ravens for starting it back up. I could never seem to get over ten in a row, but always had a blast with this!
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Glad to see its coming back!

SCF Rewards
    Country

New thread is up, just working on the questions for today and then everything is back up and running!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

None that I can foresee right now, unless there are any requests? The only difference that I can think of is that Andrew and I might have slightly different interests as far as the sports go. That won't necessarily be reflected in the trivia I propose, or maybe it will be. I'm most knowledgeable about hockey and baseball. I'm knowledgeable about football and basketball, but to a lesser extent. I'm big into sports in general, so my knowledge is certainly not lacking, but I might be able to ask a more nuanced question about hockey, where as Andrew might have been more capable in asking more specific, nuanced questions about football or basketball. HOWEVER, the trivia is largely based on what sports are going on at any one given time, as well as a variety across sports, levels of difficulty, team vs. player based questions, and I look to continue that trend, so regardless as to where your strengths and weaknesses are, there should be questions you'll find easier and others you'll find more difficult. I can't see how that's any different than the experience Andrew provided. I'd even be willing to expand this to include more than the "Big Four" sports as well if the timing was right and the questions seemed appropriate. I have no issues diving into tennis, or wrestling (both of which I know very well, plus Wrestlemania is coming up), or golf or racing, or MMA.... March Madness is coming up soon... I'm the kind of person who loves a good buffet and wants to try everything, because my interests are so widespread. I'd like to channel that inner variety in the questions I pose on a daily basis.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Paul-- Thanks for the detailed response. Will we still receive RP based on our total points at the end of each month?
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Paul-- Thanks for the detailed response. Will we still receive RP based on our total points at the end of each month?

That's a good question. I thought I had a definitive answer, but after second-guessing myself, now I'm not so sure, so I will throw a question back: How were you previously getting paid out? Was everyone getting paid out at the end of each month for monthly point accumulation, aside from their streaks? Or was it in relation to active streaks? ... Do those questions even make sense? lol I'm obviously still adjusting here.

In other news, I cleaned up and slightly re-organized the spreadsheet today.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

That's a good question. I thought I had a definitive answer, but after second-guessing myself, now I'm not so sure, so I will throw a question back: How were you previously getting paid out? Was everyone getting paid out at the end of each month for monthly point accumulation, aside from their streaks? Or was it in relation to active streaks? ... Do those questions even make sense? lol I'm obviously still adjusting here.

In other news, I cleaned up and slightly re-organized the spreadsheet today.

They got paid for their streak when it ended. The monthly payouts were for their monthly point TOTALS. So, let's say they could never get a 5 game streak going. At the end of the month, they'd still get CC for the number of correct points they got for that month.

Lets say I got a 1 point right, a 2 point right, and then a 3 point wrong for a day. I would get 3 points towards the monthly totals, but a 0 for the streak.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, great, that answers that.

Next issue, copied from the other thread directly:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by druce26 https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...post-right.png

A small nitpick, but my previous streak was 14. I got 2 one point questions correct and my streak now shows 15. Besides that, everything is great. Thanks for taking this over!

That's not a nitpick, as I'm clearly still trying to figure out the scoring, making that a very fair question. Every time I think I get it, I encounter a scenario that makes me think that I don't.

Here WAS my understanding and how I've proceeded thus far: there appears to be two contests in one here. On one hand, everyone accumulates RP in an ongoing manner that is paid out at the end of each month. This RP accumulation has nothing to do with any streaks, it is simply a payout for answering questions correctly. This is what the "PTS/Month" column in the spreadsheet reflects. Points in this sense are accumulated for every correct question answered, regardless if you had an incorrect question on the same day. In essence, you are getting rewarded for every question you get right according to that question's point total (1, 2, or 3 points).
    The second element of the contest is the streak element, whereby your streak is intact so long as you do not answer any questions incorrectly on a given day. My previous understanding was that one day's worth of questions, regardless as to whether you answered one or three questions correctly, amounts in your streak going up by a factor of "1", with that "1" being a reflection of "one more day added to your streak" kind of a thing, and again, that is there if you answer one, two, or three questions. What you are proposing is that if you answer, for example, two questions correctly, your streak goes up by a factor of "2" rather than "1", reflecting the number of questions answered correctly and not the number of days the streak has been intact. What you are saying is that a streak can go up 1, 2, or 3 depending on how many questions were answered correctly. This seems like a simple clarification based on how the scoring was conducted previously. It's possible I have interpreted the scoring incorrectly.

In general, is it fair to say that on any given night, you have a judgment to make as to whether you want to answer fewer questions to increase the chances of keeping your streak intact, or answering more questions to accumulate more overall RPs?

Still trying to figure this out apparently! Seems like these are just the details now though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I answered on the other thread as well, but druce is correct. Lets say you get two 3 point questions correct one night. Your monthly total goes up by 6, as would your streak by 6.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everything seems to be up and running properly now. I'm archiving this as any future discussions can be had via PM or in the main thread. Just cleaning up the forums so the spreadsheet link thread and the main thread are always at the top.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12