Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Young Guns vs Young Guns Canvas

I was fooling around with a couple 16 17 series 1 epacks and was lucky enough to pull a marner canvas YG pumped about the hit but it got me wondering am I better off holding on to this or trading for say a Mathews Yg because the canvas Yg arnt true rookies

So I was wondering you guys opinions say 5 years from now would you rather have the canvas Yg or an orginal yg

Either way sent it away to get graded and Il decide what to do with it when I get it from grading

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally, I would rather have the original Young Guns.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

either way it's a sweet hit , but I also would rather a "original" young guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

As of today's value and short term value, I'd think that regular young guns would sell for more.

But personally, taking from basic economics the supply of canvas young guns should be much smaller than regular young guns by a fair margin. One can argue that the demand for canvas is less than an original, however, Marner being a super rookie for the leafs, I can see it being high in demand in the long-term future.

That being said, 1) you would have to hold it for quite some time. 2) Hope that Marner stays a career leaf and bonus if 3) Marner is a super star for years and 4) The leafs win the cup $$$$$.

My two cents

SCF Rewards
    Country

The regular YG for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Buffalo Bills
    Twitter: @@ediddy416 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

For me it's the canvas. I think generally they're awesome looking cards. I personally would rather that than his YG coming out in series two. My opinion has nothing to do with value just looks.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

The Canvas YG's are sweet cards and quite the hits no doubt, but I would prefer the Young Guns. They are a classic hockey card. Also the "true" rookie among collectors.

But the choice is yours, there really is no answer if it's for your collection. Best of luck, can't go wrong here!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think the whole "true rookie card" thing is over rated. Yes... the Young Gun is considered a Rookie Card, while the Canvas is not. So what?

The Canvas is rarer, and a lot of people will tell you it's the nicer looking card (in most cases. The photography COULD change that).

It doesn't matter who the player is, the Canvas card will "book" for more, the selling price should always remain higher.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here - but I don't think you'll find too many examples of a "regular" YG outselling the Canvas YG.

However, it comes down to what you want to collect. If you're collecting actual rookie cards, then the Canvas YG is not that. There are a lot more people who collect rookie cards than parallels.... so the YG is always going to be easier to move, because you're going to find more people interested in it. 5 years from now, 10 years from now, whatever.... there is going to be people interested in both cards. There's going to be more interested in the actual YG, but the supply is also going to be much greater.

So, in 5 years.... I do believe the Canvas is going to be more valuable, but the market (as well as the supply) is going to be smaller - so if you're trying to move it then, you're going to have to be more patient.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Canvas is much rarer and less players have one. I prefer them, they look nicer and they grade much better than the YG.