Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thought I'd ask all you e-Pack experts here.

What's the best way to go about finding the base cards you need to complete a foil? Do you go to the Chat/Trade E-pack public forums on there and click usernames to see if they have your player? Or do a lot of collectors respond to your posts on there and send you a trade offer?

Just wondering the types of tactics others have used, as some seem to get their Silver & Gold foils rather quickly. 110 cards of the same player is some feat!

Would love to hear some responses on this. Might start a quick thread just to gather opinions or wait here for replies.

Thanks everyone! Excited to chase some Enroth cards in UD Series 2 !
    Last edited by creasecollector; 02-08-2017 at 02:04 AM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The chat is pretty cut-throat. You can make some trades. But most of the people that are in there religiously are the ones who think their cards are worth more than everyone else's. And the majority of people there all want to "upgrade" (ie, take 20 of my [crap] base for your Auston Mathews YG...) I rarely post in there anymore. Usually, I just read and (while avoiding all the regulars), look for new people who post for what they want, and then respond by sending them an offer.

Normally, I have found the best way to get what you are looking for is just use the Search tool to find who actually HAS the cards you are looking for and then sending them offers. There are problems with this approach, of course. If, for instance, you are looking for Enroth base cards, you have to have a lot of other base cards that people may be interested in. (Luckily, he is not a star, so you won't have to pay extra for him. But he IS a Leaf, so the demand for him will be much higher than if he were still on the Sabres or Kings.) Just look at the list of who has the card, look at their team logo, and send offers for base cards of that team (Like I said, you'll need a decent collection of other base.) The other problem is a lot of people still don't/won't add a team logo, so that doesn't help. And often, when you look at those people's Wishlist, all it contains is three Connor McDavid cards (or equivalent high-dollar cards). But by using that approach, you at least know that person has what you want, and that is half the battle. Normally, when I do it that way, I at least get responses from 5-10 people out of 20 trades sent. You can increase your replies by limiting who you send offers to only people with high Feedback numbers, but you cut way down on your available supply. I have made lots of trades with people with less than 10 Feedback. Of course, I have also had a LOT of trades expire that way too.

Posting in chat guarantees that the people you deal with are online and will probably reply (but not always). But that doesn't mean you'll get what you want, either. Can't tell you how many times I have posted offers with EXACTLY what I was looking for (ie, Player X base 1:1 for my base, etc), and I get offers that 1) don't contain the player (or team) I was asking for, 2) sending me my player's base for autos/jerseys/Exclusives/inserts, 3) blank offers with what they want, and they don't even have what I want, etc. Some traders just see your username on chat and just send their trade offers to you, regardless of what you are looking for.

Many people on chat simply want someone else to do all the work for them. You'll see lots of people who just post: Send me trades, or Trading for items on my Wishlist (or some variation) without any indication of what they want, what they'll give, etc. And if you send them an offer, a lot of times, they will just Decline and not bother with a counteroffer or an explanation as to why they declined. They just want you to do all the work and sit back and pick and choose. If someone posts without stating exactly what they want, I wont even waste my time. Because 99% of the time, that is exactly what it is --- a waste of your time.

Also, you have to worry about the scammers. If you post that you will trade any of your base for Player X, you'll sometimes get offers with 10 (or so) of your player, and in return they ask for 9 regular base, and maybe a hot YG stuck in the middle (or something like that). They hope that you'll see the 10 cards you are looking for in exchange for mostly the cards you're willing to give away, and you won't look at it that carefully and just hit ACCEPT -- and not notice that you just gave away a McDavid YG without noticing until its too late.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't be afraid to BLOCK people. If someone sends you an offer of two Enroth base cards for two of your YGs, it wasn't by accident. And chances are, they would try it again if you gave them the chance. (And the next time, they may be more sneaky about it [see above]). It doesn't cost you anything, and believe me, there are more than enough cards out there. So keeping one or two users' collections out of the supply will not be a hindrance. Unless he has something rare like an Enroth HG that you MUST have, it isn't worth the further headache. And if he does have that, you can always UNblock him and try to make a deal (just remember to re-Block him when you're done... )

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This. Verbatim.

The chat is pretty cut-throat. You can make some trades. But most of the people that are in there religiously are the ones who think their cards are worth more than everyone else's. And the majority of people there all want to "upgrade" (ie, take 20 of my [crap] base for your Auston Mathews YG...) I rarely post in there anymore. Usually, I just read and (while avoiding all the regulars), look for new people who post for what they want, and then respond by sending them an offer.

Normally, I have found the best way to get what you are looking for is just use the Search tool to find who actually HAS the cards you are looking for and then sending them offers. There are problems with this approach, of course. If, for instance, you are looking for Enroth base cards, you have to have a lot of other base cards that people may be interested in. (Luckily, he is not a star, so you won't have to pay extra for him. But he IS a Leaf, so the demand for him will be much higher than if he were still on the Sabres or Kings.) Just look at the list of who has the card, look at their team logo, and send offers for base cards of that team (Like I said, you'll need a decent collection of other base.) The other problem is a lot of people still don't/won't add a team logo, so that doesn't help. And often, when you look at those people's Wishlist, all it contains is three Connor McDavid cards (or equivalent high-dollar cards). But by using that approach, you at least know that person has what you want, and that is half the battle. Normally, when I do it that way, I at least get responses from 5-10 people out of 20 trades sent. You can increase your replies by limiting who you send offers to only people with high Feedback numbers, but you cut way down on your available supply. I have made lots of trades with people with less than 10 Feedback. Of course, I have also had a LOT of trades expire that way too.

Posting in chat guarantees that the people you deal with are online and will probably reply (but not always). But that doesn't mean you'll get what you want, either. Can't tell you how many times I have posted offers with EXACTLY what I was looking for (ie, Player X base 1:1 for my base, etc), and I get offers that 1) don't contain the player (or team) I was asking for, 2) sending me my player's base for autos/jerseys/Exclusives/inserts, 3) blank offers with what they want, and they don't even have what I want, etc. Some traders just see your username on chat and just send their trade offers to you, regardless of what you are looking for.

Many people on chat simply want someone else to do all the work for them. You'll see lots of people who just post: Send me trades, or Trading for items on my Wishlist (or some variation) without any indication of what they want, what they'll give, etc. And if you send them an offer, a lot of times, they will just Decline and not bother with a counteroffer or an explanation as to why they declined. They just want you to do all the work and sit back and pick and choose. If someone posts without stating exactly what they want, I wont even waste my time. Because 99% of the time, that is exactly what it is --- a waste of your time.

Also, you have to worry about the scammers. If you post that you will trade any of your base for Player X, you'll sometimes get offers with 10 (or so) of your player, and in return they ask for 9 regular base, and maybe a hot YG stuck in the middle (or something like that). They hope that you'll see the 10 cards you are looking for in exchange for mostly the cards you're willing to give away, and you won't look at it that carefully and just hit ACCEPT -- and not notice that you just gave away a McDavid YG without noticing until its too late.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So, I was just able to get my Gold Rainbow Panarin!

Now that I have it, I don't have to be as picky on trades. Trading for all Blackhawks now.

On another note, I've hit a Matthews each of the last two days. Luck is finally coming my way after all the money I spent on UD, just to NEVER hit either a MacKinnon or McJesus.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, this is awesome advice @Sharky94 ! Thanks for all of this, I really appreciate it! I will keep all of this in mind when I start going hard with e-Pack once Series 2 drops. One technical question though... How do I 'search' to see if anyone has the cards I need?? Is there a search bar anywhere? Excuse my technical flaws here with e-pack, as all I've been doing pretty much is opening my free packs and logging off so far, so I haven't played around with it much yet or done many trades.

You e-Pack experts are the best ! Sharky / @wvu_class_of_2001

SCF Rewards
    Country

Golded my Kuznetsov this morning. So all I need now are five more Burakovskys and I'll be done with Series 1. (Unless, of course, I am stupid and try to buy another box in the ill-advised hope that I might actually hit a Matthews...)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was going to send you a trade for all I had, but I have apparently been wiped out.

Good luck!
    -kin

Golded my Kuznetsov this morning. So all I need now are five more Burakovskys and I'll be done with Series 1. (Unless, of course, I am stupid and try to buy another box in the ill-advised hope that I might actually hit a Matthews...)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thought I'd ask all you e-Pack experts here.

What's the best way to go about finding the base cards you need to complete a foil? Do you go to the Chat/Trade E-pack public forums on there and click usernames to see if they have your player? Or do a lot of collectors respond to your posts on there and send you a trade offer?

Just wondering the types of tactics others have used, as some seem to get their Silver & Gold foils rather quickly. 110 cards of the same player is some feat!

Would love to hear some responses on this. Might start a quick thread just to gather opinions or wait here for replies.

Thanks everyone! Excited to chase some Enroth cards in UD Series 2 !

lately ive been building my friends list and just using that as a list of traders to feed cards to of their team. Ill check their list to see if they have any one I want when I acquire something . So the team avatars or specific names help the memory. If not I read the chat or search out who owns the card and send a trade and hope they respond.

I am also looking for :

Base:
    Crosby
    Letang completed
    Kessel 26 to go
    Hagelin completed
    Murray
    Crosby checklist

Tyler Johnson completed
    Last edited by Crosby 87; 02-28-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK, there is my collection. Now just waiting for Series 2...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast