Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's the basketball cards I was talking about.

If you don't know about basketball Vince Carter would be the guy in the purple uniform so the card focuses on the guy on the Celtics and instead you get an arm and a little shoulder of Vince Carter on a "Vince Carter card".

This Yao Ming card isn't bad when you just look at the base version but the game used jersey card version puts the game used swatch in a poor location on the card. It ends up blocking his face.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Okay, now those cards are pretty bad. LOL
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Believe it or not but it was none than me who actually suggested the concept of that card (Captain Kirk's save against Reichel) to Dr. Price....!
    I'm still pretty baffled that I never got a copy of the card yet.....even I has almost stopped to collecting for a quite time now.

Ha not a chance that that card is the worst card ever, not even near 0.000001% of being the worst!
    Fanboyism is just tragic, I don't get why many is so obsessed by having a tiny team logo on the front of the card, okay if you don't like ITG or Leaf's cards but
    please don't trying to force us to like everything exactly as you do!

I think that UD is the worst hockey card manufacturer right now since they doesn't even listen or interact to us collectors in same way as ITG/Leaf/Prez Choice cards does....plus jacking up their prices all the time now and in return decrease the numbers of the hits thanks of all those darn epacks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'd say any of the airbrushed OPC cards from the 80s could qualify as the worst.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

"I would have assumed, based on the "drawing" and the title of the card, that I was getting a piece of the players uniform/equipment used in that game...or maybe that season."

Never assume game-dated equipment unless the card specifically says so. There are very few examples of this in the hobby--SP Game Used and their Stadium Series/Winter Classic memorabilia cards and the Net Cords really are the only ones that spring to mind--because that would really limit a company's ability to use that particular jersey. UD does have some agreements in place with teams for special one-game-used jerseys, but even in those cases it just becomes the jersey they use for any generic card design.

It can be a happy coincidence if a company has X Player's memorabilia from Y Season that they can do special cards in addition, but it's rare. I know that UD has Heritage Classic 2011 jerseys from Carey Price & Max Pacioretty, but they've used those in a wide spectrum of releases and only in 14-15 UD Premier did they really do anything to acknowledge the special Price thing via use of the Mega Patch card. They can get a lot more mileage out of them just using them in a standard release and it's a cool Easter Egg for a collector if they can scope out a particular piece, like this one:

That's 4 years after the fact and they've still got number pieces available for use.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale

I'm not into knocking midgets, but ...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Great...now I am going to look like I am just purposely picking this card apart... As shown above, Kirk McLean was wearing EAGLE when playing in NY. However, it seems based on photos that I could find, that McLean never wore Eagle back with the Canucks. Its for sure not during the 1994 run when they wore the red, yellow, black/white uniforms as McLean appears to have worn VAUGHN when playing for the Canucks back then.

So this makes this card even uglier to me...lol. I would have assumed, based on the "drawing" and the title of the card, that I was getting a piece of the players uniform/equipment used in that game...or maybe that season. At the very least, at least from when he played for the Canucks. But I DEFINATELY would not think it is a piece from the equipment taken from when he was a different team. (And from the team that beat the Canucks in the finals!!!!)

Anyways...don't think less of me because of this rant. lol

http://canucks.ice.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=31893

These particular Canucks jerseys need to be brought back...NOW!!! I love the colours and the skate logo. Every other Canucks jersey is either an abomination or an atrocity in my humble opinion.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm not into knocking midgets, but ...

Nice!

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

hanlon.JPG

They couldn't have found a better picture than this one?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wasn't there a song about that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast