Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ken Campbell ranks the top 100 NHL players of all time

The NHL is releasing its list of Top 100 players on Friday night, but won't actually rank them in order. So THN's Ken Campbell did.

LOS ANGELES - According to HockeyDB.com, a total of 7,436 players have played at least one NHL game. So coming up with a list of the Top 100 isn’t an easy task, but that’s why we get paid the medium-sized bucks.
    The NHL is unveiling its Top 100 players at the all-star festivities Friday night, but it’s not ranking the players in order. That’s the NHL for you, so afraid of hurting anyone’s feelings. If you want to start a barstool debate, you have to rank them.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...tter-All_Users

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers
    See bfd13's Items on eBay

He's got Jagr way too high, he should be behind Lemieux. Orr should be number 2. He also has Messier way too high, he should trade spots with Bobby Hull, in my humble opinion.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

is this guy by chance a golf writer who decided to dabble in hockey?
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Having Howie Morenz at 24 and Mike Bossy at 34??, seriously is this list some type of bad joke.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't agree with much of it, but I think he got Hasek right.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It one of those things no one is ever going to be a 100% happy with any list.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think one of the challenges with these lists is rating players from different eras. There are players on the list I'm not familiar with and others that I would have included because they were the players I watched growing up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think Orr should be #1. Gretzky was extremely talented, but he didn't change the game the way Orr did.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Top 4 should be Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Lemieux. Then it becomes tricky for me. And Hasek ahead of both Roy and Brodeur...I dunno. These lists are great though...the authors spend hours of consideration to put them together, and then they get ripped to shreds.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think one of the challenges with these lists is rating players from different eras. There are players on the list I'm not familiar with and others that I would have included because they were the players I watched growing up.

True true true. You cannot compare era's as you state but imo you can compare those era's and try to put them into a frame of reference with specific criteria. I mean goal scoring was easy in the 80's but dried up drastically in the 90's. Just like you cannot compare 50's scoring to the 80's scoring. So hard to compare based on just numbers unless you take the whole picture into consideration.

Top 4 should be Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Lemieux. Then it becomes tricky for me. And Hasek ahead of both Roy and Brodeur...I dunno. These lists are great though...the authors spend hours of consideration to put them together, and then they get ripped to shreds.

Well that is the life of today internet in which everyone is a critic lol.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast